Deadly Arts On Fit TV: Savate!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like everyone is getting into the Martial Art craze. Brian on fit TV do they compete in a week like the other shows or is it more about the Art and application?

ktaylor75

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think that show is great. I used my DVR to record the Savate episode...will watch it when I have the time :) I have already watched their episodes on Capoiera and Okinawan Karate. Being new to martial arts myself, I find it intriguing to learn some of the background and traditions of the different arts.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Terry it is not a competing oriented show like FightQuest or the Human Weapon. More infomation about each art and what they do is the point of Deadly Arts.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry it is not a competing oriented show like FightQuest or the Human Weapon. More infomation about each art and what they do is the point of Deadly Arts.

Thanks Brian sound like a very imformative show, I will need to tape it.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian sound like a very imformative show, I will need to tape it.

I think it high lighted savate very well and showed it not only in a competitive manner but also in a street oriented manner with and without weapons. They did a good job.

buldog

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have seen a number of episodes of this show before and they are real informative. The host usually trains with a few different coaches and tends to get deeper into the history of each art. This program actually predates both Fight Quest and Human Weapon. The show on Aikido was real good because she(yes the host is a woman) is a black belt in Aikido and goes to Hombu Dojo in Japan and trains with some of the best in the world. Unfortunately, my new cable system doesn't carry FitTV and I will miss out this time around.

buldog

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Brian has a link to the schedule in his first post. It looks like you missed out on Savate this time(they usually play an episode 2 days in a row). However, this is an old series so I'm sure that they will be repeated sometime in the future.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
That was a great series. I think it was an inspiration for Human Weapon. Unfortunately, she only did a total of six episodes.

The whole set is available on dvd for those who can't catch it on cable.

David