DDP Yoga

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone know the story behind the story? Disabled vets who feel Iike they had given up generally don't have a filmmaker conveniently following them about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So was he paid by DDP? Does every customer get a camera crew to follow them around? How was it that this seriously devastated guy automagically had everything filmed for him? Sounds like a great story, but the film looks a bit too staged and too convenient for my taste.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alot of the footage looks like what you'd find on Youtube in fail videos. Amateur quality with a few better clips edited in. Heck, I've recorded some of my work outs, not that they ever saw anyone elses eyes but mine, lol.

Prevention did an interview.
http://www.prevention.com/fitness/yoga/yoga-transforms-disabled-veteran

It's a success story, edited of course. But was he paid? Dunno. I don't pay my customers for testimonials.
There's also a number of 'names' listed who plug the system. Those I might think were paid endorsements.

Oooh. I'm persistent, lol. Have an answer for you Carol:
P: How did you get the amazing footage?

DDP: There’s a movie called “INSPIRED: The Movie.” [The filmmaker] has actually been following Arthur since two weeks into the program and all the way up to now, which is five years later. We’re hoping for it to be released at Sundance.
http://www.prevention.com/fitness/yoga/yogi-behind-disabled-veterans-transformation

Film Info:
http://www.inspiredthemovie.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1564946265/inspired-the-movie-stage-i

P: When did you first hear of Arthur?

DDP: Arthur bought by program, and I sent him an email questionnaire. His responses were amazing. I said, “It sounds like you need some help. Tell me about yourself.”
P: What did he say?
DDP: He started out the email with, “I’ve pretty much relegated to thinking of myself as a piece of furniture.” He’s a disabled veteran with shot knees, shot back, shot hips—it took him 10-20 minutes to get out of bed every morning. When you can’t do any cardiovascular conditioning, you’re going to put on weight. I said, “Send me a picture so I can see what I’m looking at.” I’m like, “Oh man. Wow. I’m gonna help this guy.” I called him and said, “In the next 5-10 years you’re going to have a heart attack. You could die if you don’t start taking care of your body, dude.”

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks Bob!!

This all makes sense now. Mr. Boorman genuinely had given up and was looking to Yoga for pain management. He found DDP's training and filled out a questionairre which got DDP's attention, DDP asked Mr. Boorman to upload a photo and then DDP realized the man was in rough shape indeed. But Mr. Boorman started the program and 2 weeks later reported results on par with "Biggest Loser" and then presumably arranged for someone to start filming Mr. Boorman's progress -- wouldn't be surprised if this helped keep Mr. Boorman motivated to keep going. Good on them both for working together. :asian:

If you do go for the program Bob, hope you keep us posted. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I looked into this a few months ago and it looked good but I decided not to buy it at that time. However let me know how it goes and I may change my mind

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I should have my order tomorrow or Friday (ordered on Monday) :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for Yoga and its benefits but many of the approaches are not my personal cup of tea. I might like DDP's approach, although I'm notoriously bad at not exercising to video ;)

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll admit I personally haven't done alot of research on the DDP Yoga program myself, but being a fan of pro wrestling I've seen interviews where other wrestlers (C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho are two that come to mind), plug the program and seem to have nothing but positive comments about it.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So day 3. owwie. my abs are killing me, lol. The workout doesn't look like much but it's working muscle groups my body didn't know were there. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for Yoga and its benefits but many of the approaches are not my personal cup of tea. I might like DDP's approach, although I'm notoriously bad at not exercising to video ;)

I have trained Yoga a few times (Power, Kripalu, Hatha) and I always end up the same place…this is a great for flexibility it is a great exercise, it is great meditation…. And I should really like it….but I don’t…. it is way too peaceful for me. Maybe DDP yoga would be an approach I like better.

So day 3. owwie. my abs are killing me, lol. The workout doesn't look like much but it's working muscle groups my body didn't know were there. :D

Please keep me posted because I am very interested on what you think about it. And due to my current knee situation and the video you linked I am even more interested than I was the first time I looked at DDP Yoga a few months ago.

How long are the sessions?

Which package did you buy?

Did you get the heart monitor?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please keep me posted because I am very interested on what you think about it. And due to my current knee situation and the video you linked I am even more interested than I was the first time I looked at DDP Yoga a few months ago.

How long are the sessions?

10-90 minutes long, depending on which one you do. It's not a traditional yoga. A lot of the meditative and mystic is removed. You can modify the movements based on your ability, and work to perfect them as you improve. There are usually 4 people in the background doing variations at different difficulty levels.

Sample (abbreviated) workout

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
10-90 minutes long, depending on which one you do. It's not a traditional yoga. A lot of the meditative and mystic is removed. You can modify the movements based on your ability, and work to perfect them as you improve. There are usually 4 people in the background doing variations at different difficulty levels.

Not sure I could get on my knees at all

Which package did you buy?

Did you get the heart rate monitor?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got the Max Pack. No heart monitor.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, watching the clips online it seems so easy. I just crapped out 18 minutes into a 30 minute workout. My legs are jelly. For 'no impact', it's intense. LOL.

Some of the movements come easy, and some are feeling quite impossible (my hamstrings have always been tighter n hell).

On the plus side, a few days in and my backs feeling a bit better, and I'm actually feeling a bit of an ease up in my almost constant headaches.

So far I've been hitting the 'Red Hot Core' 10 minute workout 2 days on, 1 day off. Tonight I tried the 30 minute 'Stand Up'. Really feeling a burn in my upper abs I didn't expect. lol.

Latest Discussions