Datu Dieter Knuettel coming to the Texas

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I recently received a nomination from the World Head of Family Sokeship Council for the Hall of Fame in San Antonio, Texas this May.
This is my 3rd nomination but out of different reasons I could not accept the first 2.

But this time I decided to accept and I will be coming to Texas in May.
So I would like to know,if anybody anybody is interested to host seminar with me sometimes on on Thursday, the 21st of May or Sunday the 24th of May? Or sometimes aroud this date anyway. (22nd and 23rd is reserved for the hall of fame activities)

Also I would like to communicate with Mark Lynn "the boar man" from Texas again, but his emails address I have seems not to be valid any more.
So if someone has it I would be glad to get it.

You can contact me either through this forum or send me a mail to

[email protected]

I am looking forward to any reply.

Regards from Germany

Datu Dieter Knüttel
--
8th Dan Modern Arnis
Grandmaster of the German Arnis Association, DAV

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the typo in the headline.
I first wrote "coming to the US" and changed then the "US" to "Texas" - and I forgot to delete the "the".
And now it it too late to edit.

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello Chris,

for I arrive on Wednesday evening and leave back in Monday noon, I do not have the time to come up to Tacoma unfortunately.

Regards

Dieter

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

we have set up the first seminar in Roanoke near Fort Worth/Dallas at the 21st of May.

It will be a 3 hours self-defense class with the topics:

1: Self-defense with a ballpen and
2: Self-defense at a table- anti pick up defense

Find more information here on this flyer.

http://www.dieterknuettel.de/Flyer/Texas-21-May.jpg

Maybe some of you can come.

Regards

Dieter

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dieter

I'm looking forward to hosting you here, where I teach. Trying to generate interest and market for yoyu around here.

Mark Lynn

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark.

I am looking forward to my time in Texas and the seminars.
And thanks for your effort. I really appreciate it.

Greetings

Dieter

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Currently I am trying to finalize things for a mini seminar with the American Karate Tae Kwon Do Association (AKaTo) on Sunday May 24th in Richardson TX for Dieter.

So far the tentitive details are as follows.
Cost is $25.00
Place: Richardson YMCA
Time: Early afternoon (1-4pm) hopefully.

What we are discussing having Dieter cover is empty hand vs stick disarms, with possibly covering flexible weapon disarming and or baseball bat defense, if time permits.

While the AKaTo organization is sponsoring the mini seminar it is open for everyone to attend. Also on Thursday the 22nd of May, I will be hosting Dieter at the Roanoke Rec Center where I teach for a three hour session on "Defense while at a Table" (anti pick up tactics for women and of course men) and use of a Ballpoint Pen to defend with.

I've attended Dieter's classes on the defenses at a table and the use of a ballpoint pen at the 05 International Modern arnis summer Camp that Guru Bob Quinn and SM Dan Anderson hosted. They were excellent classes and a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to both classes and the mini seminar on disarming.

Plus I'll be taking Dieter down to San Antonio that weekend so hopefully I'll get to work out some with him on the side and get to learn from his experience both verbally and through hands on training. However what would make the whole thing complete is having a good turnout at both of these classes.

Dieter has been very generous to help keep the prices low, making up the flyers, coming up with suggestions on what to teach, while at the same time offering a real good value for the money. It's not to often that he makes it here in the US so if anyone is around here in TX take the opportunity to come see him. You'll have a good time.

And of course if I'm not helping out and am able to take notes, I'll post a review of the seminars when the weekend is over so that everyone can see what they missed. If I'm real lucky I might have pictures to post. That reminds me Dieter wanted me to make a CD of the pictures I took at his camp in 2007, and I still haven't done that, so maybe not. I'll still post a review though.

Thanks Dieter for all of your help in getting this thing organized.
Mark Lynn

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
Datu,
I wish you the best for the seminars and visits in Texas. Anyone that attends your seminar will walk away (limp away) with a better understanding of the world around them. I wish I was able to attend, but we will be in the Bahamas at that time for two weeks.

Bob Quinn

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Currently I am trying to finalize things for a mini seminar with the American Karate Tae Kwon Do Association (AKaTo) on Sunday May 24th in Richardson TX for Dieter.

Cost is $25.00

What we are discussing having Dieter cover is empty hand vs stick disarms, with possibly covering flexible weapon disarming and or baseball bat defense, if time permits.

While the AKaTo organization is sponsoring the mini seminar it is open for everyone to attend. Also on Thursday the 22nd of May, I will be hosting Dieter at the Roanoke Rec Center where I teach for a three hour session on "Defense while at a Table" (anti pick up tactics for women and of course men) and use of a Ballpoint Pen to defend with.

OK time for an update.

First off it is May 21st when I'll be hosting Dieter at the Ronoke Rec. Center. I mistakenly put the 22nd in the above post.

Information is as follows
Thursday May 21st
6:00-9:00pm
Roanoke Recreation Center, Roanoke TX.
cost is $35.00

I've talked to Judy at AKaTo and they are finalizing the times, GM Yates is out of town currently so there is a little time lag on getting approval on changing the time from 2 hours to 3 for the seminar. On the AKaTo website I believe the time is listed from 2-4pm on the 24th for the Richardson seminar, but they considering to change it and go to 3 hours.

Mark

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Datu Dieter

At our Kobudo class this past weekend I talked with Judy at AKaTo and they are excited about having you do the seminar. I spoke to several of the black belts and senior brown belts in attendance and got a very good response. I hear from Judy that she is expecting a good turnout from the feedback she was getting from people.

Some of the instructors have also inquired about coming out to the seminar (class) you are doing for me as well.

Got to go
Mark

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Datu,
I wish you the best for the seminars and visits in Texas. Anyone that attends your seminar will walk away (limp away) with a better understanding of the world around them.

Thanks Bob. everybody will be able to walk home :)

I wish I was able to attend, but we will be in the Bahamas at that time for two weeks.

Bob Quinn

Well, I wish I could go to the Bahamas

Have fun there.

Mark, organize the next seminars in the Bahamas, PLEEEASE, OK :D

Greetings

Dieter

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
Never stop having fun. We have the best job in the world. Bring pain to people and they say thank you!

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Cost is $25.00

Yes, this program should be great fun.

While the AKaTo organization is sponsoring the mini seminar it is open for everyone to attend. Also on Thursday the 21nd of May, I will be hosting Dieter at the Roanoke Rec Center where he will teach for a three hour session on "Defense while at a Table" (anti pick up tactics for women and of course men) and use of a Ballpoint Pen to defend with.
That is also a LOT of fun!

I've attended Dieter's classes on the defenses at a table and the use of a ballpoint pen at the 05 International Modern Arnis summer Camp that Guru Bob Quinn and SM Dan Anderson hosted. They were excellent classes and a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to both classes and the mini seminar on disarming.

I will do my best to make these 2 seminars a positive learning experience. Ans something to remember.

Plus I'll be taking Dieter down to San Antonio that weekend so hopefully I'll get to work out some with him on the side and get to learn from his experience both verbally and through hands on training.
We surely will do that.

However what would make the whole thing complete is having a good turnout at both of these classes.
:) Yes, that would be nice.

Dieter has been very generous to help keep the prices low, making up the flyer, coming up with suggestions on what to teach, while at the same time offering a real good value for the money.
I'm just trying to help.

It's not to often that he makes it here in the US
True, but maybe if there is interest (not only in Texas) and the seminars are good and successful, I could come more often.

so if anyone is around here in TX take the opportunity to come see him. You'll have a good time.
Yes, I will take care for that.

And of course if I'm not helping out and am able to take notes, I'll post a review of the seminars when the weekend is over so that everyone can see what they missed. If I'm real lucky I might have pictures to post.
That would be great.

That reminds me Dieter wanted me to make a CD of the pictures I took at his camp in 2007, and I still haven't done that, so maybe not. I'll still post a review though.

Thanks Dieter for all of your help in getting this thing organized.
Mark Lynn
Pleasure. I am looking froward to it. Only 10 days to go.

Regards

Dieter

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Datu Dieter

At our Kobudo class this past weekend I talked with Judy at AKaTo and they are excited about having you do the seminar. I spoke to several of the black belts and senior brown belts in attendance and got a very good response. I hear from Judy that she is expecting a good turnout from the feedback she was getting from people.

This is very nice to hear.

Some of the instructors have also inquired about coming out to the seminar (class) you are doing for me as well.

Very good. How far are these 2 classes/seminars apart?

Greetings

Dieter

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Barry,

Walk yes, but probably never play the piano again... :)

:D here speaks a man with experience.
But no, I think this is not correct. I always help.
Stretching for example. They will have a better stretch to be able to hit hit keys simultaneously, that they could not reach before. :)
Just kidding

Greetings

Dieter

OP
Dieter

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Never stop having fun. We have the best job in the world. Bring pain to people and they say thank you!
Absolutely, and they even enjoy it!
But if one reads this, one could think, that we would be in a VERY different kind of business.
But hey, I do not use whips and I do not wear leather gear! :D

Greetings

Dieter

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is very nice to hear.

Very good. How far are these 2 classes/seminars apart?

Greetings

Dieter

About 45 minutes. However it depends upon where the person lives, some people live east of Richardson so since Roanoke is west then it might be longer.

Mark

Latest Discussions