Dan Inosanto A Living Legend on The Instinctive Edge!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dan Inosanto is an amazing role model.

Here's a story about his seminar in Michigan State University (not sure if this happened at Michigan State or University of Michigan). Guru Dan gave a seminar and explained a strike to the side of the bicep to knock an opponent out and told people not to hit the area hard. These two brothers at the seminar wanted to know if it was true or not so they teamed up and the first brother hit the second brother at the correct spot with all his might. When the second brother opened his eyes from his hospital bed the first brother said that the technique really works. Guru Dan got a letter from the university never to teach there again. I am not sure if he ever went back there to teach.

I highly recommend attaining his seminars or going to his academy. Guru Dan teaches a lot of different things and will move from one technique to another pretty fast. He does this so people will have a chance to learn 4 to 7 things instead of just one. He wants you to express yourself and will continue, unless you do something totally wrong then he will come over to offer some helpful suggestions.

Guru Dan is very approachable and generous with his knowledge. He is one of the most humble and kindest man I know.

Latest Discussions