Cross-train, besides MA

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is gonna be weird sounding.

Skateboarding and grappling. I dont know how many of you skateboard, but I do, and I get the greatest cardio workout from it. has anyone else had these odd combo workout experiences?

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I play paintball and practice To-Shin Do. I do a lot of running during paintball and I get to creep around in the bushes and sneak up on people. I know I am a dork.

V

Vadim

Skateboarding is great. It allows you to work on your balance, especially going downhill. You can also work on your agility while doing the tricks. As for me I enjoy playing flag football. Nothing like running around with the pigskin.

-Vadim

P

pakua

DeLamar.J said:
I also like he aerobics classes.

I prefer she aerobics class.... :supcool:

But I'm thinking of getting back into road running. Not that I was any great shakes at it, but now I'm feeling a bit fitter after TCCing for a few months I should give it a try.

It's summer here now anyway, light at about 530 am, so why not.

My big hassle with running is that I live on top of a ridge, so it's uphill everyway home!

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now that I'm back after a yrish of hard travelling throughtout china, studying so many styles ( as briefly it was for) , and cheering to be home, the new routine is going to be something like this........

Personal training gigs of a morning , study towards med degree during the day, ninjtusu, Muay Thai , and maybe even mantis a couple of times each a week at night, my bwe and qigong always, and some ceroc dancing ( as in ballroom ......but more for the frocks than anything else :p ( kidding ) ) THen onto top of that I'll work security casual hrs of a night. Basketball....... good for footwork / defence and explosive speed - reaction .

But really , any activity is good one really and will help your ma fitness regardless.

cheers BL

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For my test, I did stationary bike on intervals and hills. Tried running, but it's heck on older knees.

I like step-aerobics and interval step for the coordination challenge and mental challenge - you have to think about where you're going next.

I want to get into pilates and yoga for more conditioning as well.

Other than that, anything my kids wanna play I'll get into.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I play basketball with friends at school sometimes during gym, and practice Shuhari-te and when ever we get in like jump for the ball, i'll sometimes poke um in a pressure point or something......they always drop the ball. MA also allows me to become more agressive.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I want to get into pilates and yoga for more conditioning as well.

great stuff!! been working pilates routines for comming on 3 ish yrs and my flexibilty ( particularly with kick height and core strength ) and well being exceeds anything I've ever known. Great decision, you won't regret it for a moment ;) :)

BL

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
pakua said:
I prefer she aerobics class.... :supcool:

But I'm thinking of getting back into road running. Not that I was any great shakes at it, but now I'm feeling a bit fitter after TCCing for a few months I should give it a try.

It's summer here now anyway, light at about 530 am, so why not.

My big hassle with running is that I live on top of a ridge, so it's uphill everyway home!
Haha, ooops.