Creepy clowns!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Something that has started in California is proceeding to sweep the nation....people dressing up as creepy clowns and sometimes going about with baseball bats.

Now, I can understand that some people do things that other folks don't like. A city near me, for example, is doing a Zombie Walk this weekend. Its part of a promotion for in-town businesses, and while it certainly isn't my cup of tea, I see no harm in it.

But a creepo clown going around my neighborhood, or even coming up to me, with a baseball bat? Not so cool.

What are your thoughts about creepy clowns, and if you have kids of you own (or kids as your students), what are you telling them about this trend (if anything)?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frankly, if a creepy clown approached me armed with a baseball bat (and I was unable to maintain a safe distance between us), they'd likely find themselves looking down a barrel. And not the kind that rodeo clowns use to escape bulls.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a point to it? I don't think I'd appreciate a clown with a baseball bat approaching me or my family.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there a point to it? I don't think I'd appreciate a clown with a baseball bat approaching me or my family.

Apparantly its some reference to a TV show, and the clowns are copycats just trying to play a prank.

However, I don't think I could tell the difference between a copycat trying to play a prank and some deranged individual that (ahem) doesn't exactly have my best interests at heart.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparantly its some reference to a TV show, and the clowns are copycats just trying to play a prank.

However, I don't think I could tell the difference between a copycat trying to play a prank and some deranged individual that (ahem) doesn't exactly have my best interests at heart.

Creepy Clown Sightings Spread Across Nation - ABC News

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never liked clowns as a kid. As an adult - clowns are mimes with an eight ball in their sock.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
set_american_horror_story_clown640.jpg

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something that has started in California is proceeding to sweep the nation....people dressing up as creepy clowns and sometimes going about with baseball bats.

Now, I can understand that some people do things that other folks don't like. A city near me, for example, is doing a Zombie Walk this weekend. Its part of a promotion for in-town businesses, and while it certainly isn't my cup of tea, I see no harm in it.

But a creepo clown going around my neighborhood, or even coming up to me, with a baseball bat? Not so cool.

What are your thoughts about creepy clowns, and if you have kids of you own (or kids as your students), what are you telling them about this trend (if anything)?

All clowns are creepy.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is going on in the UK as well although thankfully sans the baseball bat, the one I read about is carrying a balloon. I never understood why people didn't like clowns, they don't bother me.

As long as they don't invade my personal space (and weren't carrying a baseball/cricket bat) then I don't; have a problem, but then that goes for anyone, clown or not :)

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is this thing a very belated or re-hashed go at copying the Clown Gang, that went around with baseball bats, from "The Warriors" (great book and movie by the way), or is something new driving this?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

:hmm: creepy clown approaches me and/or my family with a baseball bat..... a line form high plains drifter comes to mind...the one he said when the guy approached him with a knife "You're going to look pretty silly with that knife sticking out of your......." just change knife to bat and you get the idea

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry,
When I read the thread title, I thought someone had met my boss!

Carry on ...

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this thing a very belated or re-hashed go at copying the Clown Gang, that went around with baseball bats, from "The Warriors" (great book and movie by the way), or is something new driving this?

Warriors...come out to play..... :D

It was something new, or at least as new as such a thing could be. Apparently this originally stemmed from a TV show called American Horror Story which features/featured some creepy clowns (never seen it myself) and this inspired the guy in California to go looking for his 15 minutes of fame