crab style

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was poking around and read something about Crab Style Kung Fu. I've heard it is extinct. I was curious if anyone here knew the history and a little bit of information about it and possibly when/why it became it extinct? I was curious...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The last time I ever heard of "Crab Style" was while watching one of those old kung-fu movies..The artists scuttled along side ways like crabs and arms held up as though they were the front leg of a crab..

Taijiman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Heard of it from movies, and I think I've heard of a couple of the Shaolin monks knowing this style... though they have some odd forms that were inspired by stuff from movies rather than pulled from actual traditional roots (like the frog style from the movie "Shaolin Temple").

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just remembered this, I did see crab style once although it did not appear to be very effective.

A friend of mine from Guangzhou was going to prepare live crab and one got away and fell into a kitchen drawer. It grabbed hold of a couple of kitchen instruments and tried to make a stand. Apparently it does not train for the chopstick meat cleaver attack though... A quick grab and a Whack and it was all over. :)

Sorry I couldn’t resist, but at least it is a true story.

Latest Discussions