Cossack martial arts?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently watched the Go Warrior program (www.go-warrior.com) and was interested in what I saw on the later half about the Cossack fighting system. There was very little real information and nothing of course about how to contact them. A search here produced the name "S. M. Knyazev's Cossack Style" as well as a bit of spam for someone selling their own tapes. :shrug:

A web search of the above name revealed a web page- in Russian. :idunno:

Is there anything anyone can tell me IN ENGLISH about this/ these groups/s? My better half seems willing to let me explore the world a bit to experience other martial arts and I think I hear the call of mother Russia.

Furtry

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do a search on Rudolf Laben (sp?), he documented the Cossacks extensively.
Even has a step by step choreographed sword dance they used for teaching sword fighting. That's all remember rite now. I studied this stuff indirectly while in University and, unfortunately, don't have my textbooks or notes handy at this time.

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tried searching under that name and "Cossack" and came back empty.

The name may be off. Anyone got a possible better idea of how it may be spelled?

Paul Genge

Green Belt
Reaction score
When we were in Moscow last year the Go warrior staff were doing the research for the program. They spent time with Michael who put them onto the Cossack people. I am not sure of what the link is, but there was one cossack on the course who was a Systema instructor from a Siberian border unit.He had flown from the far end of Russia just to spend a few days with Michael.

Latest Discussions