Correspondents Dinner - Seth Meyers

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A great performance that skewered many.

I think it was an interesting contrast to watch Obama laughing along and obviously having a good time, with the long-camera shots of Donald Trump, who looked remarkably like a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump, showing no emotion whatsoever throughout.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trump was not amused. I have to wonder, what did he think would happen when he started that birther nonsense, that comedians would ignore such a target?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, this morning (I am sure it was from last night or when ever) they pulled up the joke he made about Bin Laden, being holed up in the Hidukush, but in fact hosting a show on C-Span every day...The Pres was laughing hard at that one!!! :lfao:

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trump was not amused. I have to wonder, what did he think would happen when he started that birther nonsense, that comedians would ignore such a target?

He's such a douche. He did the same thing at the Comedy Central roast THAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!

My wife is not a very liberal person, and has been a Republican for many years. We were talking about Trump the other day, and she said if he wins she wants to move to Germany - for real. I don't know how anyone can like Trump, and I felt that way before his recent foray into Presidential politics - it's just more obvious now.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
His own roast?! bwahahahahahahaha

confirms it what I thought of him all along...(what did he think the roast was gonna be like?!)

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seriously. Putting all political views to one side, I really really don't think America would be better off with a president who so obviously lacks any sense of humor whatsoever.

People who can laugh at themselves make me a whole lot more comfortable.

Signing up for a Comedy Central roast and then getting offended/pissed off that people are making fun of you just tells us again that he's there solely for the publicity in an attempt to increase the value of his brand, not for any other reason. I'm not saying he's doing the same with his "presidential run", but Seth did say it pretty well, actually.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trump looked the same through the whole segment, independent about who was the butt of the joke. Which is worse; not laughing or forcing a laugh because you are expected by others to laugh? "Look, he's laughing after a joke was made about him. That makes him an awesome person. Much better than the jerk that refused to fake laugh along with us!"

I didn't see the Roast of Trump, but I have seen other Roast shows on Comedy Central and they have become less and less funny. The better jokes tend to be about people other than the person being roasted. I'm sure to Trump the Roast was just a business deal. He was upset at the Correspondents' Dinner because he hasn't seen the increase in ratings he was promised for playing the mad birther distraction part for the administration.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There was some funny stuff in there, and some absolute duds as well :)lfao:)
I actually found it funny how many people were NOT laughing...though you could clearly hear that somebody was having a good time...

But in any case, somebody with that bad a of a case of Nichtlachen- Keinword Syndrome, I don't think he has the right personality for the highest office in the country. heck, with the amount of jumbo turds hitting the proverbial fan every day, if you can't laugh at somethings, you are setting yourself up for severe problems!

Latest Discussions