Cookie Monster!!!!!

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
NNnnoooooooo!
They have made Cookie Monster a health nut!
That is just wrong!
Saw it on ABC news........
"Broccoli Monster"?
I think not!

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw that too. I have grateful dead shirts that are 10 years old. I have a brand new one of cookie monster inside the grateful dead skull. In 10 years, some 16 year old is gonna look at me and not understand.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya I recall reading about that as well... what are they thinking? I find it highly doubtful that children actually would take such a gluttonous but very lovable monster like Cookie too seriously.
Such extremes in the muppet characters are what made them so endearing.
One of my favorites was when Ernie was looking for his pillow and found Cookie hoarding it...they argued for a bit then decided to SHARE the pillow... so in true Muppet Monster fashion... rrriiippp... arrgghh umm umm umm yumm yumm arrghh yumm yumm yumm.

Ya gotta love it baby!

Attachments

• $Cookie3.jpg
    $Cookie3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 150

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup, if Muppets aren't allowed to be OCD to the extreme then what is the fun in that.

Next thing you know the Sweedish Chef will be cooking only Organically grown vegie dishes....

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm all for promoting healthy eating to kids, but HE IS A MONSTER! He eats all sorts of strange things, even cars. But I think most kids realise that if you are not a monster a hub cap does not substitute for a pizza.

But what the hell,

Finding out what is "wrong" with children's shows and toys seems to be the in thing. To violent, not healthy, no contact, no games that exclude anyone, whatever. 20 years from now when we got a nation of wimps and wusses and wonder why we can look back to these decissions...

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Yeah, I'm all for promoting healthy eating to kids, but HE IS A MONSTER! He eats all sorts of strange things, even cars. But I think most kids realise that if you are not a monster a hub cap does not substitute for a pizza.

But what the hell,

Finding out what is "wrong" with children's shows and toys seems to be the in thing. To violent, not healthy, no contact, no games that exclude anyone, whatever. 20 years from now when we got a nation of wimps and wusses and wonder why we can look back to these decissions...

Well said.

I grew up watching crazy and demented stuff and look how I turned out....err ... wait bad example....

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Yup, if Muppets aren't allowed to be OCD to the extreme then what is the fun in that.

Next thing you know the Sweedish Chef will be cooking only Organically grown vegie dishes....
Hurrdy gurrdy flerrdy gerdy

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Hurrdy gurrdy flerrdy gerdy
Simon, I'm appalled! You forgot to add the flips...

Everybody together now.... :"Hurrdy gurrdy flerrdy gerdy, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip"

But yeah, people just... I dunno, over protective, not protective enuff? Don't trust their kids to be OKAY if they fall down and scrape a knee?
SIGH!

Another one of my favorites ... heh... BEAKER!

Attachments

• $Copy of beaker_small.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 142
OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

Owh....owh......
HUSH!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Simon, I'm appalled! You forgot to add the flips...

Everybody together now.... :"Hurrdy gurrdy flerrdy gerdy, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip"
Oops, my bad, must admit I was always partial to Animal...
animal1.jpg

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Oops, my bad, must admit I was always partial to Animal...
animal1.jpg

Not for long, they got him going on some medication, turns out he is ADHD.

Beaker is getting medicated for anxiety.

Mr Piggy... well... she went anorexic over the winter. After re-hab she's gone on a mission teaching kids about the dangers of not eating to hit a unrealstic model.

The Count, mild form of Autism it turns out.

Gonzo... well.. after drug rehab (how'd you think his nose ended up like that?) he hasn't been getting many roles.

Oscar is now on Prozac, he's not Grouchy anymore.

Big Bird got cut. Being a 6-foot talking bird they felt seemed to "wonderlandish" meaning, magic mushrooms. Not the kind of message they want to be showing.

There is a new character in the works. Not many details have been released, but it is rumoured to be some form of pyschiatrist.

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Not for long, they got him going on some medication, turns out he is ADHD.

Beaker is getting medicated for anxiety.

Mr Piggy... well... she went anorexic over the winter. After re-hab she's gone on a mission teaching kids about the dangers of not eating to hit a unrealstic model.

The Count, mild form of Autism it turns out.

Gonzo... well.. after drug rehab (how'd you think his nose ended up like that?) he hasn't been getting many roles.

Oscar is now on Prozac, he's not Grouchy anymore.

Big Bird got cut. Being a 6-foot talking bird they felt seemed to "wonderlandish" meaning, magic mushrooms. Not the kind of message they want to be showing.

There is a new character in the works. Not many details have been released, but it is rumoured to be some form of pyschiatrist.
THATS IT!! *throws hands up*

This world is goin to hell in a hand basket!
Future generations have NO chance!

First Tonka,then twinkies,now this......

:flushed:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cartoon characters have been blowing themselves up and killing each other for children's amusement for the last 50 years, but a muppet eating a cookie...OUTRAGEOUS! I'm glad that we, as a society have finally drawn the line.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As long as snufalufagus is still around somewhere then all is well. Why well say it with me now snufalufagus.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
that guy was my favorite. I saw photos of the set once, that thing is so big, they have it chained to the ceiling to make it move. it looks like some sick perverted animal bondage or something. it was really bizzare.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know why they're doing this. They wrote a rap that Cookie Monster performed (complete with hat and bling-bling) called "Healthy Food" essentially pointing out that he can't eat cookies all the time so most of the time he eats healthy food so he CAN eat cookies. Why don't they show more of that instead of ...

"la-LA la-LA ... la-LA la-LA ... Elmo's werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld ..."

I haven't seen the Swedish Chef in a while, nor Beaker, nor Animal, nor Miss Piggy (see, I thought she was going to have gastric bypass surgery) nor even Kermit T.F. My youngest is a Kindergartener, so S.Street is on in my house whenever it's broadcast.

Elmo really does need Ritalin, btw.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
i cant believe a whole bunch of martial artists are having this conversation.