Considering doing a 7-10 day photo tour.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm currently considering loading the car up with the mobile studio, and doing a 7-14 day road trip this fall.

Currently thinking of Buffalo-Cleveland-Columbus-Cincinnati-Louisville-Chattanooga-Atlanta- then some general direction back towards WNY like Knoxville-Lexington-Charleston WV, Canton & Akron OH.

My goal would be to set up as a school in each town (or most) and do portrait sessions (family and martial arts), as well as shoot some web and promo content for the hosts. I'd of course be charging for my services, but giving some to the host schools as well as a few services for them in exchange for allowing me to come in and set up.

My questions are:
- Good/bad idea?
- If I were coming to you, what would you think is a fair exchange?
- When in the year do you think it a good time? Late Sept, Early Oct, Late Oct, Early Nov.
- Would you be interested in working with me?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm currently considering loading the car up with the mobile studio, and doing a 7-14 day road trip this fall.

My questions are:
- Good/bad idea?
- If I were coming to you, what would you think is a fair exchange?
- When in the year do you think it a good time? Late Sept, Early Oct, Late Oct, Early Nov.
- Would you be interested in working with me?

-Think it's a great idea
-Fair exchange? Dinner, like last time :lol:
-Down here right now it's just hot, humid and plain miserable. Esp. for outdoor shooting. Early october is good and the leaves are beginning to change :uhyeah: As far as (MA) schools... probably early fall time is good too.
-sure thing

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would say that the hardest part is advertising and making sure that your name gets out and people know that you're coming. Then getting the right people there. Would you be doing sign ups or just open doors?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Signups in advance. I'm not too keen on driving 1,000 miles to find out they never advertised my swinging down. ;)

Latest Discussions