Concealed Carry Shorts

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am just curious if anyone knows a good brand of concealed carry shorts. I live in Florida so pants, vests, and jackets are not usually an option because I would die of heatstroke rather than a gun fight. I saw blackhawk had compression shorts that would sit under a regular pair of shorts, but I dont know about the comfort level of those things...I wear them in my BJJ class and I dont find them to be someting I can wear daily.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a grown up... I generally wear long pants (jeans, typically) in public. A loose t-shirt or shirt takes care of covering the gun, cuffs, and spare ammo. Jean shorts and similar shorts with belts would solve your problem; look at both inside the pants holsters and pancake holsters, and see what'll work best for you. You can go with the "I'm carrying a gun" fanny pack, as well.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Long skirts are nice and cool. :uhyeah:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Check out the gear from 5-11..They prolly have what you are looking for..

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a grown up... I generally wear long pants (jeans, typically) in public. A loose t-shirt or shirt takes care of covering the gun, cuffs, and spare ammo. Jean shorts and similar shorts with belts would solve your problem; look at both inside the pants holsters and pancake holsters, and see what'll work best for you. You can go with the "I'm carrying a gun" fanny pack, as well.

This is my current option. Since I only carry when I'm hiking alone, a fanny pack is suitable and innocuous.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe one method is known as 'keistering'. I think it would work with any type of shorts. I would not recommend it, but apparently it has been used with great success by people who have an urgent need to hide their weapons.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
My IWB holster disappears just fine under a t-shirt and a pair of cargo shorts (I buy the Wrangler brand at wal-mart because I don't like paying $30-40/each for 5.11).

OP
S

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well aside from the "Im a grown up" and "skirt" comments from those of you who have no concept of what 105 Degree temps plus humidity are like...thanks guys. I had heard of 5-11 just today from my cousin. I also buy the cheap cargo shorts from walmart and sams cause I am a poor college student who actually has to work(unlike many fellow liberal classmates lol).

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe one method is known as 'keistering'. I think it would work with any type of shorts. I would not recommend it, but apparently it has been used with great success by people who have an urgent need to hide their weapons.

Why, yes, there is such a term. According to Urban Dictionary...

1. Keistering
To hide or smuggle items in ones anus

2. keistering

To inject drugs up your or someone else's rectum. Also known as a booty bump. See crystal meth.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keistering

I'm guessing keistering is great for weapon retention, but for the quick draw, not so much.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well aside from the "Im a grown up" and "skirt" comments from those of you who have no concept of what 105 Degree temps plus humidity are like...thanks guys. I had heard of 5-11 just today from my cousin. I also buy the cheap cargo shorts from walmart and sams cause I am a poor college student who actually has to work(unlike many fellow liberal classmates lol).
Actually... Yeah, I do. And I know what 100+ temps in 90% to 100% humidity are like. Wearing body armor. You might want to look at the weather in the paved swamp that's the greater DC Metropolitan area... I'm just old fashioned enough to actually tend to wear pants -- not shorts, unless I'm exercising. (Even then, I tend to wear sweat pants -- but that's vanity more than convenience.) The reality is that you can't always wear shorts. And if you choose to carry a gun, that's going to affect what you can wear. Especially if you have to carry more than the gun. (Do you carry spare ammo? What are you going to do in the event of a malfunction?)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are not shorts, but they may be helpful depending on your needs.

There are some newer concealment bags that are designed to look more like a camera case. They are black square zipper bags that attach to the belt.

Here is one example:

http://www.kgproducts.com/HANDIBAGS.html

While this is not my favorite choice, some folks opt to carry a sidearm in a seperate bag. Some ladies carry in a handbag, there are also attaches and brief cases that are more masculine (or at least, gender-neutral).

Here is one example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025ZIB22?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score

WTF? Liberals don't have to work? No one told me!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Actually, I was quite serious about the skirt. I spent several months hitch hiking in Africa back when I was young and invincible, carrying my house in a big frame backpack. Temperatures averaged 110-120 in most of the places I went. Women do not wear shorts there.

But they really are very practical - you can cover yourself very effectively in something that creates its own breeze with every step. In winter they can also be pretty warm if you combine them with tights or longjohns, and a good pair of boots. If they're designed right you can have very deep pockets that aren't apparent to a casual (or even in-depth) glance. And from a woman's perspective a clunky skirt has the added safety benefit of being "modest," shielding your bod from unwanted attention (to a point - it never really goes away.) For a deeper analysis I'll refer you to this thread.

You'd be amazed at what you can conceal in a skirt. Yes, there's the social taboo about "womens" clothing, but give it a try in the privacy of your living room. You'll be surprised.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, with all this talk about skirts, someone has to say it...How 'bout a kilt? :D

http://www.utilikilts.com/

jks9199 said:
The reality is that you can't always wear shorts. And if you choose to carry a gun, that's going to affect what you can wear. Especially if you have to carry more than the gun. (Do you carry spare ammo? What are you going to do in the event of a malfunction?)

For the record, I carry the same crap year-round whether in pants or shorts...gun, spare mag, light, knives, etc. It can be done, you just have to be willing to do it.

OP
S

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
WTF? Liberals don't have to work? No one told me!

lol....well you would be suprised. The most liberal kids at the University I attend are the ones who never had a job and their parents pay for EVERYTHING they do. It is actually quite annoying to be told about what I should do with my money when they have no concept of what it is to actually WORK for my money lol. If you have a job your already better than the people I am talking about. These are the kids that think Carl Marx had some good points.

OP
S

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As for skirts....um I am a guy so they aren't really an option here in the states. I mean I understand dressing around a firearm. That makes alot of sense, but pants are not practical in the environment I am in. I mean this summer we had to work in 105 temps plus the 100% humidity. It was 7 at night and still 105 too lol. Now why can the special concealed carry pants that like blackhawk makes be made into shorts? Cargo shorts and tac pants are almost identical down to the knees.

Latest Discussions