Coming soon...

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just wanted to let you know of three FMA books coming soon.
1. Integrated Eskrima Guide to Disarms (probably a misduplication of the exact title) by Mark V. Wiley to be published by Unique Publications (Inside Kung Fu).

2. The MA-80 Black Belt Syllabus (working title) by me and

3. Filipino Martial Arts: Core Essentials, Principles & Structure (working title) by me.

I worked on the photos with Mark for his book and got the working manuscript and this is a good one.

The MA-80 book and FMA book are going to be monsters. I shot the photos with a motor drive so the flow of the actions will be apparant. I am also planning to add a DVD or two to each book to give a visual to each motion shown in the book.

Gads! A lot of work. What have I gotten myself into?!? I'll keep you all posted as to when mine are ready. Give Inside Kung Fu a call, text, email and pester them to get Mark's book on the shelves post haste.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS - You get to see me get hammered in Mark's book as I was his uke for about half of the pics. Revenge is sweet, though, as he posed for about 2/5 of my FMA book before I had to go back home so he gets his as well.
:ultracool

LabanB

Yellow Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Drop me a line when the books are out - especially look foward to your contribution to Marks book...;-)

And let me know next time you're in the UK, I'm looking forward to training with you again.

Bill Lowery

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

Will do. My contributions to Mark's book are:
1. I was director of photography (which he ended up very happy with, BTW) and
2. I got to get beat up in his photo explanantions.
Then he got to be beaten up in my upcoming book. It worked out very well.

Dan

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have no doubt that these three books will be incredible. American Freestyle Karate was and is the best book I have ever read on Karate style point sparring, and it continues to have an honored place in my library.

-Rob

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Re my upcoming FMA book
Book update -
Just finished filming the footage for the accompanying dvd. There will be a minimum of 2 dvds, roughly 2 hours in length (at the time of planning). Lots to edit down but thanks to my partner, Susan (who put up with me for ~7 hours), we got it down. Now in editing stage. This book will be the best done on FMA yet and should set a standard for years to come.
Yours,
Dan Anderson

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just wanted to let you know of three FMA books coming soon.
1. Integrated Eskrima Guide to Disarms (probably a misduplication of the exact title) by Mark V. Wiley to be published by Unique Publications (Inside Kung Fu).

2. The MA-80 Black Belt Syllabus (working title) by me and

3. Filipino Martial Arts: Core Essentials, Principles & Structure (working title) by me.

I worked on the photos with Mark for his book and got the working manuscript and this is a good one.

The MA-80 book and FMA book are going to be monsters. I shot the photos with a motor drive so the flow of the actions will be apparant. I am also planning to add a DVD or two to each book to give a visual to each motion shown in the book.

Gads! A lot of work. What have I gotten myself into?!? I'll keep you all posted as to when mine are ready. Give Inside Kung Fu a call, text, email and pester them to get Mark's book on the shelves post haste.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS - You get to see me get hammered in Mark's book as I was his uke for about half of the pics. Revenge is sweet, though, as he posed for about 2/5 of my FMA book before I had to go back home so he gets his as well.
:ultracool

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm lokking forward to all 3 books.

Morgan

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan's work is always first rate. I look forward to this as well!
icon14.gif

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The FMA Principles book is encountering a slight delay. Undergoing editing. My man Barry has found a number of typos and there might be a few tightening up themes and so forth.

Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions