Come poke the new guy with a stick!

El_Seepo

White Belt
Reaction score
Good eeeeeeevening!

I kept seeing the Knowledge Bot posts over on defend.net (I post there as aseepish), and thought I'd come over here and take a gander at the originals!

At the moment I'm studying Judo, but I'll be making a return to the FMA this January. If I survive my exams, that is. :D

A.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome! :wavey: I'm glad you wandered among us and I hope you're here to stay with MartialTalk! I take it you're a college student?

- Ceicei

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT....

OP
El_Seepo

El_Seepo

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks people!

I am a college student (starting to feel like a professional one LOL!). I've been out of the academic life for about five years, so now that I'm back into it, it's been hard to find the time to train. But I keep on slogging through.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to MT and best of luck on your exams
How long have you been a student of Judo

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi ElS'o---greetings and welcome, it's good to have you with us. And we never never poke new people with sticks! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
:cheers: Nope never poke new people with a stick, but, maybe a big WELCOME to Martial talk. And then kick back and have a cold one to look through all the posts.:drinky:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay! :)

Mike

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:cheers: Nope never poke new people with a stick, but, maybe a big WELCOME to Martial talk. And then kick back and have a cold one to look through all the posts.:drinky:

Hey bydand, your post is sounding very good to me at this point... and it's only a quarter after nine in the morning! I'm actually feeling a bit jealous of your smilies there... hmmm, should I be worried about this? :wink1:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey bydand, your post is sounding very good to me at this point... and it's only a quarter after nine in the morning! I'm actually feeling a bit jealous of your smilies there... hmmm, should I be worried about this? :wink1:

Have you had breakfast yet? If so, nope no problem! Just send in 19.95 and we will send you a personalized keychain from the NABD (National Association of Beer Drinkers) :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey: Glad to have you here :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good eeeeeeevening!

I kept seeing the Knowledge Bot posts over on defend.net (I post there as aseepish), and thought I'd come over here and take a gander at the originals!

At the moment I'm studying Judo, but I'll be making a return to the FMA this January. If I survive my exams, that is. :D

A.

What type of FMA are you looking at training in? :)

OP
El_Seepo

El_Seepo

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm in first year Law.

I've been studying Judo four about four months (grading for yellow belt at the end of the month), but I've had about three years of BJJ (blue belt) so while my tachiwaza skills aren't great, I can hold my own in the newaza department.

In addition to the Judo, my university offers classes in Pekiti Tirsia (instructors from this academy: http://www.maelstromcore.com/ ). I did some Inosanto-blend kali and Balintawak/Giron system (estilo de fondo), but that was years ago. I've been dying to get back into it.

And beer is good. Beer is very good.