Combat Wing Chun

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
:dead:It's official now. I'm a proud card carrying member.;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 168

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Took a look at the website. Looks like a pretty good school. Mark Connally was one of my instructors in Yudansha Jujitsu before I got into BJJ.

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks but I've been part of this organization for a while now. It's just new shirts with Wing Chun on it which is cool. Plus I got called out awhile ago about the use of the term 'Combat Wing Chun'. :D

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Took a look at the website. Looks like a pretty good school. Mark Connally was one of my instructors in Yudansha Jujitsu before I got into BJJ.
Oh that's cool, yeah Sensie Mark is our Yudansha Juijitsu coach. Small world. I don't train that class. I train privately in WC and in the Combatives and Eskrima classes directly under Chief instructor Martin Torres. But classes are pretty well mixed so most train in all. So I get to experience the different arts. I even get to roll a little in 'Combat Wing Chun'.

Last edited:

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got called out awhile ago about the use of the term 'Combat Wing Chun'. :D
How come only the Wing Chun gets to be "combat?" I take it the Judo, Jujitsu, Boxing, and Escrima are all practiced as arts of calm philosophical debate?

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
How come only the Wing Chun gets to be "combat?" I take it the Judo, Jujitsu, Boxing, and Escrima are all practiced as arts of calm philosophical debate?
Lol no it's the reverse. Since most in WC don't engage for reals. Other than debate. It needs a little boost. Like a B12 shot in the arm...haha. All the rest do well on there own without 'Combat' attached to them..lol

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know now the WC guys are going to beat me up? With philosophical debate of coarse, cause they can't in real life:nailbiting:. " Oh know, he didn't just say what I think he said, did he"? :D JK My WC brethren. I have love for the art so cool your jets. I'm just playing.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since most in WC don't engage for reals. Other than debate. It needs a little boost. Like a B12 shot in the arm...haha. All the rest do well on there own without 'Combat' attached to them..lol
Nice to know others are training WC as a combative system.
Had someone who was visiting the area recently train with us while here. When he was making his good byes at the end of his last session with us he stated he had trained with at lot of different WC school/groups all over the U.S. but he had never been exposed to as much combative aspects as he had in the two weeks he spent with us.

Keep it going, Jake.

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice to know others are training WC as a combative system.
Had someone who was visiting the area recently train with us while here. When he was making his good byes at the end of his last session with us he stated he had trained with at lot of different WC school/groups all over the U.S. but he had never been exposed to as much combative aspects as he had in the two weeks he spent with us.

Keep it going, Jake.
You knew I was referring to you didn't you? Haha! That's good I wish all WC schools put the combat back in and really engaged. The the rest of the MA community wouldn't laugh at us as much. I knows there's others out there because I have experienced it outside of where I am now. So you keep it going too Danny!

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well back under my rock for a few days. Everybody have s Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
"I'll be back"