Cma Aau

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just saw on aausports.org website that they now have CMA AAU.
Do any of you feel it is about time and how interested in it are you and do you think it will grow to be very big? Would you compete?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I just saw on aausports.org website that they now have CMA AAU.
Do any of you feel it is about time and how interested in it are you and do you think it will grow to be very big? Would you compete?

There are different schools & orgs that have been part of the AAU for a while. To me it makes no difference due to the poltical grandstanding & party playing involved in competitions today.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its been around for a while. Of course it all depends on those in charge, but we haven't been a part of it in a few years because of horrible organization and political "grandstanding".

7sm

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wow it's really that bad?
Can you give me some examples of "politics" that go on with these events. I hear about politics playing a large role in tournaments but I am always wanting to be knowledgable of what goes on.

Also in a typical CMA tourney what things are allowed and what is not allowed? For example in TKD there is no punching to the head, no throws or grabbing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
wow it's really that bad?
Can you give me some examples of "politics" that go on with these events. I hear about politics playing a large role in tournaments but I am always wanting to be knowledgable of what goes on.

Also in a typical CMA tourney what things are allowed and what is not allowed? For example in TKD there is no punching to the head, no throws or grabbing.

CMA AAU
http://www.aausports.org/sprt_ChineseMartialArts.asp?a=sprt_ChineseMartialArts_home.htm

It has been around for awhile and to be honest I do not think about it much if at all.

Latest Discussions