Cloning

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's talk about cloning...are you for or against?...why?

this can be an interesting topic.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Personally, if you are talking about cloning humans or animals, I am against it. I just think there are too many things that can go wrong.

:asian: :karate:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Ender
Let's talk about cloning...are you for or against?...why?

this can be an interesting topic.

Sounded good at first, but a previous posting said it all, too many problems, and I get the sinking feeling that short cuts will be taken, and the whole thing will be a flop. Besides, I get enough blame already, I don't need a double to keep it going for me!:eek:

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, there are still many problems to work out. But right now they can clone cells for diseased organs and help the organs regenerate. It would be wonderful to have a process to repair damaged organs currently inside you.

The problem at this time is that the brains cells are also regenerating causing memory loss and psychotic behavior.

The opposite end of the spectrum are organ farms where new organs can be grown. The problem here is that organs are usually part of a system. Example: pulmunary, digestive etc. So maybe these would have to be grown as a system. They have done this sort of thing already in lab animals. But, and this is the big hook, they are grown with brain activity. So, any type of system would need direction from brain activity. If you have a brain, then is it sentient?.....lots of questions there. And what do we do with extras parts afte we use them?

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Ender
Yes, there are still many problems to work out. But right now they can clone cells for diseased organs and help the organs regenerate. It would be wonderful to have a process to repair damaged organs currently inside you.

The problem at this time is that the brains cells are also regenerating causing memory loss and psychotic behavior.

The opposite end of the spectrum are organ farms where new organs can be grown. The problem here is that organs are usually part of a system. Example: pulmunary, digestive etc. So maybe these would have to be grown as a system. They have done this sort of thing already in lab animals. But, and this is the big hook, they are grown with brain activity. So, any type of system would need direction from brain activity. If you have a brain, then is it sentient?.....lots of questions there. And what do we do with extras parts afte we use them?

Have a garage sale?:eek:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm for it.

If I need a working Liver, I dont want to wait for a Transplant, I want one grown in a VAT. Or a new heart, or Kidney, etc etc...

Maybe they cant grow me a brain, or a whole new person... but grow me some freaking
parts will ya?

Latest Discussions