Climbing skills. Monkey King

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought ide add this in here it may give some ideas to add to their skills or training, Particuarly the Ninja type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPN3gLVDsOY&feature=related
Nice skills :) Mind, did Bodhidharma not originate kung fu from this kind of pylon-scaling freerunning hundreds of years before? Maybe. And you are dead right dear Mr. Eazy.. the "Ninja type" will love this I have no doubt

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never be able to do that carrying any signifigant ammount of equipment or weapons.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This guy has been floating around the net for a couple of years... he's even featured in a Stan Lee "Super-Humans" tv show for his ability.
It's remarkable but the guy has been doing it since he was a CHILD... for an adult to take up that type of training... and as Archangel said... doing that and carrying weaponry... uhh, good luck.

Again the Ninja myth crosses over to reality. Watching this guy and imagining him in an all black suit with head mask and all of that and seeing him infiltrate a secure complex to do some dirty deed isn't TRUE Ninja tactics... Hollywood yes, but reality ... no.

As a climber I admire the guy's skill level and agility.
As a practicing MA-ist... I fail to see the practicality.

OP
Eazy

Eazy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think the same with Wushu i think its called? amaizing style and must be young to get your body that flexable to pass tests required with stances and jumps with perfect landing etc. He would be good as someone posted under the flick in a Ninja movie. That Wushu really amazes me, great to watch.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never be able to do that carrying any signifigant ammount of equipment or weapons.
Anyone that can do that is a weapon, won't need anything else.
icon12.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with the youtube comment...someone has got to get that guy on Ninja Warrior! :D :D

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's impressive, but there are other free climbers with similar skills.

OP
Eazy

Eazy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree, I thought this climbing skill andbeing able to be one with structures surrounding you and the use of them in either escape or a fight would be very usfull. It would be very difficult to contain a person with such skill particuarlt if you didn't know he had it. to be able to run up a wall to get good hight for the next strike or to simply come down on your attacker.

OP
Eazy

Eazy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes that is probably true i have yet to see one with this speed agility and momentum that is willing to spider around upside down as quick as he can and as confident as he is. although hes probably been climbing this same wall for years.
Saying that you still have to commend his skill.
im happy to see other examples put here of other spectacular free climbers.
I used to do a lot of it myself till a long term injury limited me for climbing.

Latest Discussions