Click here for INSTANT FAITH IN HUMANITY!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Red Paperclip Project, the youtube experiment where a couple tries to trade a red paperclip for a house? They trade for bigger and bigger things, then they finally managed to trade something for a house.

Meet 9 year old Brendan, from Kingston, Massachusetts. He created what he calls "a soldier for a soldier". He tried to trade one of his plastic toy soldiers for a trip to Disney World -- but not for himself. He wanted it for the family of a fallen soldier.

HE DID IT. He managed to to negotiate a trip to Disney World for a family. And Disney world was so touched, they rewarded Brendan and his family with a trip to Disney World of their own.

But...........young Brendan wouldn't accept it. He wanted to pay it forward, and offered the trip to ANOTHER fallen soldier's family.

I think there's something in my eye............

https://www.facebook.com/asoldierforasoldier/info

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You and me both, Carol - it must be really dusty in both our houses for both of us to be affected like that :nods:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife keeps telling me that the meaning of life is all about people helping people. I would have to agree, and add that if every person took it upon them self, like Brendan, to do one good kind deed to someone each day, what a wonderful world this would be.
You were taught well, Brendan, to learn things of the heart at such a young age.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is a big hearted 9 year old. A lot of adults could learn a lot from him. Very cool story.

Latest Discussions