Class Energy Level

kshaun

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been in martial arts off and on for a few years. I came from a school that had high energy and training was constant during class and flowed well from one drill to the next. I recently joined a MMA school to take their kickboxing class, but there is no energy, the students are very laid back and no one puts any real effort into the training. The instructor does not try to take control, which is really unmotivating. Everyone there "wants to be a competitor". How would I go about bringing high energy to the class and have it rub off on everyone else?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lead by example. The more energy you put into your training the more likely this energy will rub off on your training partners.

ps. one of the mods may want to move this to the general martial arts or mma forums.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mod Note

Thread moved to General Martial Arts, as the topic is geared more for this area.

MJS
MT Supermod

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Keep in mind, this Sensi and others there in classes may enjoy this pace of training.

One suggestion is to talk to your Teacher. But do not expect alot of changes.

The best choice is to find a school that is High Energy. Lots of hard,full on training, that excites' you!

NOT everyone will think like you.....Off course you can do the high energy stuffs at home too! and take what you learn in class as an experience.

.........Aloha

Latest Discussions