City Wingtsun of North Carolina HELP

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
I am trying to contact someone at City Wingtsun about their North Carolina branch which is listed on thier webpage as being forming classes "late 2006" but am not getting replies to my e-mail inquiries.

This is the link to the page http://www.citywingtsun.com/index.html

If there are any members of this school on this forum, can you please PM me and I will give you my contact info.

I am extremely interested in Wing Chun and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am trying to contact someone at City Wingtsun about their North Carolina branch which is listed on thier webpage as being forming classes "late 2006" but am not getting replies to my e-mail inquiries.

This is the link to the page http://www.citywingtsun.com/index.html

If there are any members of this school on this forum, can you please PM me and I will give you my contact info.

I am extremely interested in Wing Chun and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
There is a phone number under contacts. Why not give that a try?

OP
Zenaphobe

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
There is a phone number under contacts. Why not give that a try?

Great suggestion, but alas I have no long distance service right now. :(

I have sent about 6 e-mail requests to their contact address and they either don't check it very often or it is broke.

This was one thing that peeves me about MA schools having e-mail and not keeping up with it. I hate to feel like I need to beg to just get a reply to a simple request.

I'll keep you posted with any progress,

Thanks

OP
Zenaphobe

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
Bump- No reply as of yet, quite sad.

OP
Zenaphobe

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
Hooray!

As it happens, my e-mails were gettting filtered as "spam" and someone saw my requests and got me the contact info for the teacher in this area.

I sent an e-mail to the Sifu and am awaiting a reply. *crosses fingers*

Zen

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't have a long distance server, just dial 1010297 and then the number. I cut off my long distance provider and dialed "10-10-297" then the number that I wanted to call.
At that point, it is 39 cents to connect to the number, then 3 cents per minute after you connect.
Since I made so few long distance calls (about one per month), this was FAR cheaper for me to use than pay several dollars per month just to have a long distance provider.
BTW, go to www.1010297.com to read about it. I used it for several years and was never cheated by them.

Another option would be to use Yahoo Computer Phone, which is one cent per minute: http://voice.yahoo.com/ With that, you talk into your computer, but the other person is on their phone.

AoG

OP
Zenaphobe

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
Things are moving along, I am going for my first Wingtsun class tomorrow and I even got my sister interested in going too.

Only a 15-20 minute commute, so I am very happy.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Zen

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a long distance server, just dial 1010297 and then the number. I cut off my long distance provider and dialed "10-10-297" then the number that I wanted to call.
At that point, it is 39 cents to connect to the number, then 3 cents per minute after you connect.
Since I made so few long distance calls (about one per month), this was FAR cheaper for me to use than pay several dollars per month just to have a long distance provider.
BTW, go to www.1010297.com to read about it. I used it for several years and was never cheated by them.

Another option would be to use Yahoo Computer Phone, which is one cent per minute: http://voice.yahoo.com/ With that, you talk into your computer, but the other person is on their phone.

AoG
Or just get a calling card... Or use a cell phone if you've got one (most provide "free" long distance as part of their service).

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Things are moving along, I am going for my first Wingtsun class tomorrow and I even got my sister interested in going too.

Only a 15-20 minute commute, so I am very happy.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Zen
THat's great news! Wish I could find some WC/WT around here!

OP
Zenaphobe

Zenaphobe

White Belt
Reaction score
I had my first class today and I think I am going to really like training with this instructor.

Class was held at the instructors home and he seems a very easy going and helpful teacher. There were only 3 students total and we got very "hands on" instruction.

We covered a lot of bits and pieces like stance and footwork along with demostration of sticking hands and some techniques.

I believe that I have found the martial art I was looking for all along.

Zen

Latest Discussions