CIA Chief: 'Disrupted' Al Qaeda Is 'On the Run'

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
CIA Director Leon Panetta said Wednesday an aggressive campaign has driven Usama bin Laden and other leaders deeper into hiding and left Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Pakistan's tribal regions in disarray.

"Those operations are seriously disrupting Al Qaeda," Panetta told The Washington Post in an interview. "It's pretty clear from all the intelligence we are getting that they are having a very difficult time putting together any kind of command and control, that they are scrambling. And that we really do have them on the run."

Good news, if true. While I disagree with the current administration on pretty much everything else, I've been pleasantly surprised by how they've continued to apply pressure to these cave rats.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Amazing. I wonder if the ridiculous security theatre will be repealed if al qaeda should ever be beaten. Somehow I think that the war on terror will be an endless justification for governmental abuse of liberty and privacy.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I think that the war on terror will be an endless justification for governmental abuse of liberty and privacy.

Why would they need the war on terror to justify that when they have healthcare?