Chuck Norris

S

SammyB57

Does anyone know where to find tapes/highlight clips of Chuck Norris/Bill Wallace and other "old school" karate fighters competing?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uh perhaps this thread should be moved to general martial arts...

It is my understanding that neither Chuck Norris or Bill Wallace are a "Karate" practitioners..

Chuck Norris is Tang Soo Do I believe, and Bill Wallace is Kenpo.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread moved to general area.

I thought we had some of the Norris people here on the forum hopefuly they may be able to answere the question

OP
S

SammyB57

I put it in the karate forum because they competed in Karate tournaments and full-contact karate. But yeah, either way, I want to see vids of these guys in their prime!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sammy I moved it here so that it might be seen by more folks.
Many people visit this area but fewer look in the Karate section
Hope you get some answeres

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up seig.

I did not mean any disrepect to anyone when I was posting, I just didn't understand why it was placed in "tradtional karate" when I was fairly sure they werent traditional stylists.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Seig said:
It is apparent to me that the original poster posted his question there out of ingnorance on their backrounds. He apparently just didn't know any better. No harm, no foul.
Although simplistic or strange a post or question is, we should do our best to show understanding and give some type of guidance.

OP
M

MarioBro

Norris has indicated in his own biography that he has black belts in Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, and is founder of Chun Kuk Do ("Universal Way"). Norris has also practiced Judo, Shito-Ryu Karate, and Brazilian Jujutsu. He is an Actor, Athlete, Producer, Screenwriter, Stunt choreographer and honorary police officer who actually goes in on raids with his local law enforcement.
Norris was born Carlos Ray in Ryan, Oklahoma.

The eldest of three children, he helped his mother raise his two younger brothers in Torrance, California, where his family moved when he was 12. Norris joined the Air Force after graduating from high school. During a stint in Korea, he began to study the Asian martial art of Tang Soo Do. After returning home, Norris worked for Northrop Aviation and moonlighted as a karate instructor. Two years later, he was teaching full-time and running a number of martial-arts schools.
From 1964 to 1968, Chuck won many State, National, and International amateur karate titles. In 1968, Chuck fought and won the World Professional MiddleWeight Karate championships by defeating the World's Top Fighters. He held that title until 1974 when he retired undefeated.
Chuck is also founder and President of United Fighting Arts Federation with over 2,300 black belts all over the world.

In 1997, Chuck achieved another milestone in his life by being the first man ever in the Western Hemisphere (non Korean) to be awarded an 8th degree Black Belt Grand Master recognition in the Tae Kwon Do system. This was a first in 4,500 years of tradition.

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bill Wallace was defintely not Kenpo. If I'm not mistaked he was orginally a judoka until injuring his right knee severely. At that time he transitioned to Shorin-ryu. The rest is history...

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

Latest Discussions