Chinese Knife Arts...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all. I am compiling together a list of places to get knife/blade training. I am looking for website links.

Any Chinese arts out there that work specifically with the knife, or that dedicate a significant portion to the knife?

I have 7*mantis and wing chun in my mind as two, but I would need website links to legitimate schools for them.

Help is appreciated...

Paul Janulis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm, I dont know that 7* spends a considerable amount of time on the knife, we do quite a bit of knife, or dagger, or bladed weapons training. There are some good 7* listing around the net, my school is www.tkff.com, it has a listing of some other schools around the U.S. on it. Also http://www.authentickungfu.com/mantis_directory.html has a listing of mantis schools around the globe, I can't vouch for their legitimacy, but its a pretty large list.

7sm

S

sifu Adams

you might wont to look at mondern arnis. I have seen some of there knive fighing and it has some good stuff. we have throwing dagger form that we do put it is part of the system and we only show it as you gain rank in the system. One of the best I seen was chuck Gauls. check with the mondern arnis group on MT he lives in Michigan.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
sifu Adams said:
you might wont to look at mondern arnis. I have seen some of there knive fighing and it has some good stuff. we have throwing dagger form that we do put it is part of the system and we only show it as you gain rank in the system. One of the best I seen was chuck Gauls. check with the mondern arnis group on MT he lives in Michigan.

Thanks, but I do Modern Arnis myself, actually. I was told specifically by one of the MOTT's that they only do self-defense against the knife, which isn't what I am looking for.

Regardless, I was looking for chinese arts specifically in this thread because I don't know of any that specifically works the knife.

Also, this was not for me to go out and seek training, per say; it was more for a list I have going in the knife forum.

Thanks though...

Paul

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll try to post one up tonight or tomorrow. Gotta go look it up... I've heard of one ethnic system from down in/around Yunnan/Guanxi area. It's not a "knife system" per se, but they tend to use a knife a lot in a systemized method.

S

sifu Adams

Look up Centralshaolin.com. they have all 18 forms of the throwing knives listed

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
clfsean said:
I'll try to post one up tonight or tomorrow. Gotta go look it up... I've heard of one ethnic system from down in/around Yunnan/Guanxi area. It's not a "knife system" per se, but they tend to use a knife a lot in a systemized method.
Strike out... I was thinking of the right system, but it's not knife related. :idunno:

Really most any CMA will have some knife fighting involved. From my exposure, it's not like the FMA stuff, but it's not far from the idea.

In Hung Sing CLF our weapon sets are just hand sets with weapons. Literally. We make no discrimination between armed & unarmed techniques. Granted the differences are obvious to accomodate un/armed hand positions & certain motions. However the ideas & applications are almost identical.

Latest Discussions