Chinese Archery?

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can study archery in China (Any province)? I KNOW that they have it in Xinjiang, Xizang (Tibet), Qinghai, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, and possibly other places... And I know that they have Olympic Archery in the major cities... But I cannot pin-point the exact locations of where I can go to study this sort of thing. As far as I have been able to tell, this art is alive and well in the areas mentioned above (Unlike stick fighting =S ), but where can I go to study it. Thanks in advance. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
One of the last traditional Chinese bow makers lives and works in Beijing and I know they teach archery there but I am not sure who you would need to contact or if they even teach non-chinese.

If I can find the bow makers name I will send it to you but I am not sure how you would actually locate him, even by name, Beijing is huge and as you know there are no phone books.

XS

MingTheMerciless

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi , I am from Hong Kong , and I study Chinese Archery under Stephen Selby . Chinese Archery are still similar to Korean , Mongol , Russian , Magyar , Hunnish and Avars

Latest Discussions