China VS US a novel research project.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greetings all... I'm in the midst of writing a second volume of a (still) unpublished series, shameless plug , was thinking of theoretically about the possibility of China being able to invade the continental U.S. (ala Red Dawn). Particularly they'd be able to do it with just their infantry alone is possible. Air, sea, armor only are as an "if needed", as nuclear isn't an option for them, you don't destroy ... much, of what you're trying to invade. History has shown that enough already.
But just their infantry with the necessary transport (by sea and/or air) for the foot soldiers and their infantry support vehicles/guns. Heavy artillery accompanies because you don't go in without busting a hole somewhere.
What I'm looking for is the how-to scenarios and the inevitable defense.
Thoughts and theories on how both sides would handle it.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to note is that China can lean healthy navel resources. The port infrastructure is massive. The Government could requsition a few cargo ships. I doubt that the overall strategic command would bother with stealth, but overload due to sheer numbers of man power. However, there would be a major weapon in the background. If no nuke, then a bloody big EMP unit.

Babylon 5 said:
No one stopped to consider was that, in a war, you have a certain number of small weapons, a certain number of medium size weapons, and one or two big ones. The kind of weapons you drop when you're out of small weapons, and the medium weapons, and you've got nothing left to use."

Partial quote from the "Wheel of Fire" ep from B5

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Realistically, they'd be detected well before reaching here and engaged at sea.

Taking a bit of license, troop-carrying submarines or supersonic transport planes, esp. if they just gain a toehold somewhere--maybe Baja in Mexico (not a U.S. target) and then use it as a staging facility to begin an assault at San Diego; or merchant ships in every port that are allegedly full of Chinese-made merchandise but escape customs inspection and are actually filled with soldiers.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just send people and let them live here and when needed ATTACK!!!!

But seriously, historically China has never had any interest in invading anything it does not consider as once being part of China in it over 6000 year history

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What would prompt the invasion? What does the USA have that China doesn't have? Honestly invasions are economically inefficient, it is cheaper to buy whatever resources you need then to capture and hold territory. Perhaps a punishment strike for some real or perceived wrong doings?

Any invasion of the USA would bring Mexico, Canada and the European allies into the conflict, China would be attacked on it's home territory very quickly.

Interesting concept...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Japanese Admiral Yamamoto said it best:
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."[SUP][/SUP]
We killed Yamamoto...

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realistically, they'd be detected well before reaching here and engaged at sea.

Taking a bit of license, troop-carrying submarines or supersonic transport planes, esp. if they just gain a toehold somewhere--maybe Baja in Mexico (not a U.S. target) and then use it as a staging facility to begin an assault at San Diego; or merchant ships in every port that are allegedly full of Chinese-made merchandise but escape customs inspection and are actually filled with soldiers.

Yeah for sure, but with a fan fic if you will, artistic license (as you mentioned) is often bent. Yeah, South America would be a plausible route. Chinese buisness interests with mining for example.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah for sure, but with a fan fic if you will, artistic license (as you mentioned) is often bent. Yeah, South America would be a plausible route. Chinese buisness interests with mining for example.
I understand the need for artistic license, but there really needs to be some legitimate, logical reason for an invasion. Mongolia, parts of Russia and Australia would be the first place China would send troops if they wanted resources. Going through Central/South America would use up too many Chinese assets.

For argument sake, I would use an invasion to be the result of the need of China to punish the US for some transgression somewhere.

The best route would be for the main force to land in British Columbia or Washington state. They would need to conduct a quick surgical strike, move inland and seize and hold all routes through the mountains. As this is being done other landing areas further south need to seize, occupy, hold and consolidate the entire West coast of Canada and the US. Once the West coast in secure, land more assets, and move west through Alberta and Montana swopping down into the Prairie regions. Doing this would ensure oil for them and food for them, while denying it to the allies.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the need for artistic license, but there really needs to be some legitimate, logical reason for an invasion. Mongolia, parts of Russia and Australia would be the first place China would send troops if they wanted resources. Going through Central/South America would use up too many Chinese assets.

For argument sake, I would use an invasion to be the result of the need of China to punish the US for some transgression somewhere.

The best route would be for the main force to land in British Columbia or Washington state. They would need to conduct a quick surgical strike, move inland and seize and hold all routes through the mountains. As this is being done other landing areas further south need to seize, occupy, hold and consolidate the entire West coast of Canada and the US. Once the West coast in secure, land more assets, and move west through Alberta and Montana swopping down into the Prairie regions. Doing this would ensure oil for them and food for them, while denying it to the allies.

Very good points there! My personal take on it would be that the logical reason would be for resourses. That in itself would not be a legitmate reason, it would actually be desperation. A good example would have been the Wehrmacht throughout WW2, seek and secure tatics worked intially, but as soon as that first Panzer hit Russian soil, the failure was already complete, irrespective of Hitlers interference. The same would apply to an invasion of America and it would have to be a war of movement, not defensive. Opening up a static line encompassing the west coast would not be defendable, unless the Chinese went tactical and simply laid waste to various stratigic points up and down the line. There would be no choke points and no way to hit the flanks to consolidate. Anyway, my thinking was towards a fan fic. As such, this scenario would be one for a future decades away. Maybe set around 2100 to 2150, it would make a bloody good story :D Just my POV.

Latest Discussions