Chi in Wing Chun : Part 01 and 02 : Physical aspects : ENGLISH VERSION

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'est bon:)

More info on "building the frame" please.

Crab claw is the word you were looking for:uhyeah:

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
C'est bon:)

More info on "building the frame" please.

Crab claw is the word you were looking for:uhyeah:

Yep, it eluded me at the moment.

I've made siu lim tao videos in french explaining how to build the frame in static, But I have yet to make one for the dynamics.

Can you be more precise in your demand?
I do my videos based on the feedback I get, so this english version is slightly different than the french one because I had a lot of demands, critisism and other stuff everywhere I posted it.

So feel free.

And Thanks.

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for making an English version.
I think of chi (at least in a combat sense) the same as yourself. That is, the connection of mind and body (intent/action) and I preach to people that I teach that it all starts with the fundamental stance.
I wrote a small essay that touches on this subject for my students to read on my blog. Here's the link if you want to take a look.
http://chogawingchunthailand.wordpress.com/
There's not a lot on there and I've been meaning to update it,write more articles and add photos and videos, but I have limited free time at the moment and training comes first.
Coincidentally,the thing you mention about people thinking of a technique going from A-B and not concentrating on the path of the technique/being connected all the way through, is exactly what I was planning to write my next essay about.
I'm trying to get my students to stay "switched on" and keep their techniques "alive" so that they can adjust, react and flow better.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Nice articles,

It's difficult to write on wing chun, first of all because it's complex, and you have to remain simple to explain complexity that must be achieved as simple as possible, that's the main little idea and the beauty of it.

I like that you point out that thinking of rooting is toxic, as the stance must be worked as a dynamic thing, like riding a horse, your stance must change at every moment if you want to be Gorgeous, or simply keep your dignity.

I like this comparaison, I'll steal it from you.

Keep on writing.

There's oral teaching and there's writing, the latter is a powerful tool to focus your guideline, the direction you want to take.

Latest Discussions