Cheese....

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so I am cooking and drinking wine right now while eating some gouda cheese.
My curiosity is peaked in wanting to know what other people like in regards to cheese
when they are having some wine?

Curious minds want to know???

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sadly I cannot drink wine...well...I can drink it... but one glass and I turn red, get hot, and go to sleep.

As for Cheese; Dubliner Irish Cheese, Jarlsberg and Swiss. In Norway there were a few cheeses that were great, but I don't know the name of any of them.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
puregrapewine.jpg
ST_35_cheese_f.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cheeses, oh God, don't get me started. I don't know a lot about the details concerning the making of cheese, but I love trying all kinds of cheese, both in eating as well as in cooking with.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Holy Trinity :D

rotgut.jpg
Those are the drinks where your body says , ok everybody out, two exits, no waiting!
Some drunks like to feel high class...could you please put my wine in your refrigerating receptical until it reaches 35 degrees,,I'll be waiting outside ,Wizzing on your doorway.
(Robin Williams)

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Holy Trinity :D

rotgut.jpg

I will Copp to having partaken in each of these illustrious beverages in my misguided youth. At this point, I find it more efficient to just get kicked in the head. Similar result either way.

As for cheese...I have a long list of things I absolutely love and a very short list of things I don't. Generally the stinkier the better. Unpasturized Camenbert makes me very happy, for example. But, so does a hard Irish or a Colby/jack.

I'm not a big fan of mixing sweet things, like fruit into the cheese making process.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, so I am cooking and drinking wine right now while eating some gouda cheese.
My curiosity is peaked in wanting to know what other people like in regards to cheese

Depends what wine. If it's a wine with more tannins I want a stronger cheese a lighter or white I want a lighter cheese. Scotch or bourbon a woman:p

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My tastes are plebeian. I don't really care for wine, although I will drink it on occasion if it's offered. I prefer Guinness for beer, or Negra Modelo, but I'll drink just about any kind of beer. I like Jack Daniels. I like many different kinds of cheeses, but I eat a sliced turkey breast with provolone and BBQ sauce sandwich for lunch every day. Just finishing that now. I like cheese curds and string cheese too.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our local cheeses Wensleydale and Swaledale are wonderful. Up the road from us is the Wensleydale Creamery you go in and can watch it being made but better still is this huge room where you can try all the cheeses they make and they do a lot of variations on the original.Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese - Wensleydale Creamery Not much wine is drunk with it though, usually beer from local breweries, Ales in the Dales

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not a fan of regular gouda but I enjoy aged gouda, the older the better. If I feel like something mild Jarlsberg is nice. If I want more spice, swiss or gruyere, but my favorite cheeses are sheep milk cheeses like Manchego or my all time favorite but hard to find around here, Etorki.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our local cheeses Wensleydale and Swaledale are wonderful. Up the road from us is the Wensleydale Creamery you go in and can watch it being made but better still is this huge room where you can try all the cheeses they make and they do a lot of variations on the original.Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese - Wensleydale Creamery Not much wine is drunk with it though, usually beer from local breweries, Ales in the Dales

You know I have to put this video up here.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is the summation of what I know about wine.

It is usually red, when it's not white. It actually looks neither color, but whatever.

My wife prefers Pinot Noir, when she doesn't prefer Shiraz. When she doesn't prefer Shiraz, she prefers Merlot. Roll the dice, and one out of three times you'll get the pleased smile, the other two times you get "that" look.

Manchego cheese is where I'm at, though I love a good cheese plate.

Latest Discussions