Changing Schools

Just4Kicks

Green Belt
Reaction score
My family and I are moving to Melbourne and because of this I'll need to find a new school for Taekwondo. I'm currently being trained under ITF taekwondo. I will be living someone in Narre Warren and would like a school nearby if possible.

I also have concerns about the different teaching styles, patterns etc.

Could anyone suggest ideas to facilitate a smooth transition?

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
The best thing I can say to you is to check locally for the schools in your new area. Go in a just watch a few classes. Talk to the head instructor about your experiences and what you are looking for. Alot of places will let you join in for a class or two at no charge. Take them up on it if they offer, then sit down and weigh out the differences and pick a school that will best fit what you feel will be best for you.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First thing ask your current instructor if he can help if not check with the iTF office to see if they have any schools in the new area.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I second Terry's thoughts on this. Your instructor is the best source to help you find a school like the one you're at now.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree as well - your instructor is the best place to start. As has also been mentioned, try several classes and see which one you like the best - a good instructor is not always the best first for every student.

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My family and I are moving to Melbourne and because of this I'll need to find a new school for Taekwondo. I'm currently being trained under ITF taekwondo. I will be living someone in Narre Warren and would like a school nearby if possible.

I also have concerns about the different teaching styles, patterns etc.

Could anyone suggest ideas to facilitate a smooth transition?

The biggest problem is that you will need to empty your cup.

You are not finding a new school but a new family.

Many never survive what you are doing because they compare everything to their old school.

If you want a new school/family then you are going to have to work twice as hard to belong as much more is now up to you.

In some ways you are farther ahead as you have seen things done different ways... and in some things you will be further behind because you will have to break old habbits and prove yourself worthy of becoming part of this new family.

Good luck

Latest Discussions