Changes

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What changes need to be made in your school, and art this coming year? I run my own school and also attend a school, the biggest change that I need is more students, but who doesn't. I think in the school that I run I would like to become more organized in the way I teach and I believe that I am doing that. The school that I go to I would like to see a more variety of people to train with (no complaints about the way things have run there). No complaints about my art

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need to bring back some of the old time disiplain , I know that my classes have become much to relaxed the last year.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A bigger school or another school. We've gotten a huge number of new students in the last year and our current space can't handle it all the time, especially in the 6-7pm classes. We're already using a nearby dance studio for a couple of classes a week.

Someone to pick up one of my teaching days so that I can actually get something done in my "real" life!

The system rocks. I see no need to change it.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am looking forward to instituting several changes into my program:

We will do a LOT more break-falls.

We will have a "Black Belt" class for 1st dan candidates and black belts.

We will have a special sparring class for those interested in tournament competition.

Miles

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
I am looking forward to instituting several changes into my program:

We will do a LOT more break-falls.

We will have a "Black Belt" class for 1st dan candidates and black belts.

We will have a special sparring class for those interested in tournament competition.

Miles
I actually have the class warm up with 50 back falls, 50 front falls, and 50 sidefalls on each side, and then 25 front rolls (each side), and 25 back rolls (each side). I believe this is one of the most important thing that I can teach that is not self defense, to help prevent injuries

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are always changes that need to be made, no matter how traditional one may be.

For my school, we're going to put more emphasis on free sparring, and get more people involved with competition. We really haven't been sending enough people lately, and it's time to get more people into it. I honestly think we have a great crop of students that would do quite well at competition, and it makes no sense to hold them back.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I know that after college started my training has been slacking. Going to class 3 times or more a week to once a week (Maybe, if nothings going on)...I mean I work the third shift at the Airport for UPS, and I got evening classes in college...so all my time is either work school or sleep....except on saturdays when I got to Martial arts class....I just need to work in some time for myself, but some beg to differ, that working, and going to school is for myself....

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just remembered I also need to fix or get a new coffee maker at the school.
A new paint job for the walls and a few new mats sometime this year are needed and my office is a disaster area I really need to strighten it out

Latest Discussions