Change of Heart

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was just discussing the USAT instructor course situation with a friend of mine and he brought up a good point, why is the USAT hosting this type of event when they publicly denounced it having any merit when the USTC first started doing them?

Now that they saw first hand, through USTC's efforts, that there was merit, why do they feel the need to charge 3x more money for them (USAT=$580 vs USTC=$200)?

This is just my personal opinion and does not reflect that of the USTC but perhaps if USAT didn't publicly denounce such a thing in the beginning and then turn around and gouge their membership base on the pricing to attend one, once merit was apparently found, they wouldn't have had those 2 cancellations due to lack of interest. Thoughts?

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was just discussing the USAT instructor course situation with a friend of mine and he brought up a good point, why is the USAT hosting this type of event when they publicly denounced it having any merit when the USTC first started doing them?

Now that they saw first hand, through USTC's efforts, that there was merit, why do they feel the need to charge 3x more money for them (USAT=$580 vs USTC=$200)?

This is just my personal opinion and does not reflect that of the USTC but perhaps if USAT didn't publicly denounce such a thing in the beginning and then turn around and gouge their membership base on the pricing to attend one, once merit was apparently found, they wouldn't have had those 2 cancellations due to lack of interest. Thoughts?

People are not stupid. I think a lot of folks who would want to obtain KKW master instructor qualification follow these type of stuff closely and ask the exact money questions you are posing. I also think there was a cloud of uncertainty created by the Kukkiwon USA v/s Kukkiwon lawsuit , which s making some people think twice about attending USAT KKW events.

OP
miguksaram

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
People are not stupid. I think a lot of folks who would want to obtain KKW master instructor qualification follow these type of stuff closely and ask the exact money questions you are posing. I also think there was a cloud of uncertainty created by the Kukkiwon USA v/s Kukkiwon lawsuit , which s making some people think twice about attending USAT KKW events.

I can understand why people may be hesitant, but why did USAT start up these courses after saying they had no merit?