Celebrating Achievements

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey there everyone....

One of the things that i've learnt since starting my MA training about 3 months ago is that a lot of the training is about self confidence and self belief.

I believe that we should therefore celebrate our achievements - as step towards achieving self confidence and self belief.

Therefore i feel like telling everyone that last night i passed my first stripe test for yellow belt - which i am totally over the moon about.
My instructure even commented that she was impressed with my intesity and could tell i was putting in 110% - which just made my night.

I'd love to hear about other peoples achievements - either in or out of the dojo.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats and you are absolutely right we should celebrate all of our achievements in life as well as Martial Arts.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!
we recently had a rank test and seeing our students do well and look so happy felt like an achievement for me!!

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey there everyone....

One of the things that i've learnt since starting my MA training about 3 months ago is that a lot of the training is about self confidence and self belief.

I believe that we should therefore celebrate our achievements - as step towards achieving self confidence and self belief.

Therefore i feel like telling everyone that last night i passed my first stripe test for yellow belt - which i am totally over the moon about.
My instructure even commented that she was impressed with my intesity and could tell i was putting in 110% - which just made my night.

I'd love to hear about other peoples achievements - either in or out of the dojo.

Congratulations, sir. Well done.

My big achievement lately is learning how to be a dad. Every day a new challenge comes up and, mostly, I feel I handle them pretty well.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Way to go on your stripe, TON!

Well, I have nothing all that earth- shattering to share, but I've accomplished something for myself, and got a compliment! I'm a brown belt (1 away from black), and there's a form I have to do with the black belts. I used to get so terribly thrown off, because they'd go really fast and I'd get distracted. Well, now I can do it all- finishing only within a few seconds after them, and not even so much as a pause!!!

Then, a couple of days ago- a lady I used to train with said I was very good at what I do. Now, I don't really have that much confidence in myself in that area. I guess you'd say that I'm over- critical of myself. Another thing I'm trying to work on... Not that I'm trying to be self- pitying or anything! Please, I hope no one takes it like that...

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on passing your review! I know I was especially happy to get my second stripe on my yellow belt, because it took me three tries. I'm currently two ranks above that now (green belt in my style), and I'm always very happy about passing any review.

My most recent accomplishment was really not about me--I was on the attack team for two of our brown belts as they went up for their shodan test this past saturday, and they both passed, so I feel as though I helped them in achieving their black belts, and that makes me feel wonderful.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey, congrads on passing yr test with flying colours!
icon14.gif
Nice work!

At the moment i am working my way back to full fitness after a knee operation. When i'm able to snap my way through the 10 kick flicks again, that will feel like a major achievement to me.

OP
T

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have read every response so far: thank you all for your comments.

And congratulations to each of you.
Life is about moving forward but it helps to look back and measure our success at time.

I hope to hear more great stories of achievements.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always used my MA achievements to help me realize that other things in my life are possible. I didn't really put effort into high school until I got my black belt. After that I realized the need for an education. My training helped spur me on in college & even moreso in grad school. As an instructor, I encourage my students to do well in the classroom. Most of my students do very well at school. I'm proud that they train hard & study hard, too. The only "special" patch I award my students is an academic acheivement patch for good grades.

Celebrating acheivements is very important. It helps us look at things in front of us that we may face & say, "I've done difficult things before, I can do this, too."

Latest Discussions