Carrie Fisher

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really not sure why this has hit me hard, I am really having trouble accepting she has gone. Not sure about you lot, but to me Carrie was incredible. Gone too soon, and will be much celebrated by me. Oh my, gone far too soon. RIP, and I'm sure that you are raising hell beyond the rim

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Carrie was often a keynote speaker at the Maui Writers Conference back in the nineties. I was usually assigned to "baby sit" her. She was a really good ****, witty and usually the smartest person in any room she walked into. Had a lot of laughs with her. I'm very sad. RIP.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RIP.
She was absolutely amazing. I had a chance to meet her earlier this year, but did not...regretting that now.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree. Woke up to here the news. In rather odd timing I was already set to see Rogue One with my Brother and Nephew. The last scene of the movie brought a tear to my eye. The first movie I ever saw in the theater was Episode IV. I grew up watching her.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thats a real bummer. While she will be remembered for star wars, her real legacy is her advocacy for mental health and specifically for people who are bipolar.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Agreed, Steve.

As a side note, she was one of the best "script doctors" in Hollywood. So many scripts went to her to fix something that didn't work, it would be hard to keep track of them all.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Carrie's mom, famed actress Debbie Reynolds, just died of a stroke this afternoon. Oh, man.
RIP

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Carrie's mom, famed actress Debbie Reynolds, just died of a stroke this afternoon. Oh, man.
RIP

hell on my way home an hour ago I only heard "rushed to the hospital."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
According to the wishes in her will, Carrie Fisher's ashes were placed in a 1950's porcelain antique Prozac pill that was one of Carrie's prized possessions." (Her brother, Todd, shown below)

original-ab194dbedd76f821ff958fee9aaf30cc.jpg

Funny and witty in life, despite her demons. Funny and witty in death. Rock on, Carrie Fisher.