Captain America early premier tonight!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not a big movie fan. I go maybe once a year and I'm not sure if I went to one in 2013. So, to make up for that, I'm headed to a double feature tonight, Captain America 1 & 2. :)

Looking forward to it and will post a review, but no spoilers. ;)

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
last time I was at an early premier they wouldn't let us take cell phones in

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
last time I was at an early premier they wouldn't let us take cell phones in

Good call. Will make sure mine is on vibrate and well concealed. :)

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
we got freaking searched and had to go back to our car...which was on the other side of a large mall. All just to see the Miami Vice remake, lol.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they're going to do something like that, it's kind of incumbent on them to also have a check system for the phones. Not to mention some legitimate reasons why people might need to take a cell phone in, like doctors on call, parents with kids at home, people on a transplant list...

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They didn't ask. Would have given them hell if they did....I'm not sacrificing my job or my clients' safety over a flick. Didn't even have the usual nag to silence your phone, but the theatre where I saw it is... different. ;)

I liked the movie a lot. The bad guys are never mentioned yet they speak a language that sounds like Russian.

The theatre I went to showed 1 and 2 back to back. 2 is definitely bigger budget and more fighting!

I enjoyed the movie a lot. And while I read very few of the comics, and didn't arrive at the movie with any expectations or agenda, I'll say 2 is very libertarian-friendly. More so than 1 ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like the first one just because of all the Chicago typewriters. I wasn't into it until he started using his M1928. I find shields stupid.
Back to the Thompsons.... akakakakakakakakakakakak! I'm going to buy a semi auto M1923 one day.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate how the world is so sensitive these days that screenwriters cannot tell us who the bad guys are for fear that someone will say "that movie with the so-and-so bad guys makes us all look bad." SOMEONE has to be the villain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually I loved how they did it. Not because of sensitivity but because it added a level of mystery with regards to wondering who the bad guys are. And while I won't reveal much of the plot -- the question of who the villains are was a theme that ran throughout the movie. Really well done.

It was a lot different than 1, which I liked for different reasons. In 1 it was the UK and the US beating the Nazis (who doesn't love beating the Nazis...LOL) interspersed with some over-the-top scifi that was campy and fun without coming across as trite.

The theatre we saw it in was also awesome. You sit in seats repurposed from limosines (yes, they recline) at tables, with table service incl. a full bar. So rather than spending $15 on a Coke, a hot dog, and a box of Junior Mints, you can spend $15 on a dinner entree and a cocktail, complete with proper silverware and glassware. That's the way to see a movie :D

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was a great film--that's what matters!

I didn't say the quality of the film DOESN'T matter. I'm just griping about a very common occurrence in the world of entertainment. It could be in a book OR a movie: these days, if you choose a certain group to be the bad guys, someone will come out and complain that you have made that entire group look bad; they may even go far enough to protest or boycott or whatever. My stance on it is this: if people are stupid enough to believe an entire group is bad just because they were the villains in one movie, then how is that the fault of the movie? It's like the stink people made over Sharon Stone's bisexual killer in BASIC INSTINCT. Did they think the general public was suddenly worried that EVERY bisexual woman in the world was an icepick-wielding killer? I don't think so.

At any rate, I liked how the individual Marvel movies built up to the conflict in AVENGERS. I can't wait to see WINTER SOLDIER, and I am definitely anxious for AVENGERS 2.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to see it with my wife today. Excellent movie - they did a good job of piecing together some of the classic Captain America/Shield storylines and I really like what they did with Sam Wilson.

I don't know about GSP as Batroc though. He just had a normal French-Canadian accent. Batroc's accent is more like this. :)

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is definitely on my list of movies to see.

Latest Discussions