Can't wait to see this.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This looks like it out to be a fun show. Can't wait to see it.

[yt]umtsJSKI-TA[/yt]

Anyone know when it airs?

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't find anything in broadcast. There are a couple of sites offering download of episodes (used Google). I found references to it going back to 2008, so I don't now how current it is.

ForeverStudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Did you heard (probably did) for Human Weapon? It's martial arts documentaries which i like pretty much. But anyway there are much bad things in it.

And i know for martial art documentaries Fight Quest and XMA (Extreme martial arts), so as fo National Geographic's Fight Science episodes, far the best of all i know.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like it is just getting started. From what I can tell he has completed the Thai Boxing episode and is now in Brazil or headed to Brazil to film the BJJ episode.

I looked at IMDB which is pretty up to date with anything TV or Movies and see nothing. He seems to be working on a few other projects as well.

I would say due to just starting this won't be released until 2012. They usually finish all the filming then go into production. With 13 countries and 13 different Martial Arts I would say this will take a while.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe ralphmcpherson has some info as he is from Bren's neck of the woods. Although Bren now lives in the L.A. area of California.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The guy who apears in the clip Bren Foster I think he says he practiced MA since he was 6 years old and he has a black belt in Hwarang Do, what kind of MA is this? it has to be korean but as long as I know the Hwarang warriors was an elite of warriors not a martial art. Some one can tell wa what's Hwarang Do? The name of my schools is Hwarang Tae Kwon Do but we do TKD.

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The guy who apears in the clip Bren Foster I think he says he practiced MA since he was 6 years old and he has a black belt in Hwarang Do, what kind of MA is this? it has to be korean but as long as I know the Hwarang warriors was an elite of warriors not a martial art. Some one can tell wa what's Hwarang Do? The name of my schools is Hwarang Tae Kwon Do but we do TKD.

• There is some controversy over what the Hwarang 'warriors' actually were. Some Korean history research argues that they were actually more like court eunuchs than the ferocious warriors TKD mythos have reputed them to be. Interesting reading there.
  • The modern martial art of HwaRangDo is a variation of hapkido with weapons and forms studied added on. Lots of cloudy history there as with its cousin Kuk Sool Won, but it is known that the founder of HRD, Mr. Lee, Joo Bang studied with Mr. Choi, Yong Sul the founder of hapkido.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
  • There is some controversy over what the Hwarang 'warriors' actually were. Some Korean history research argues that they were actually more like court eunuchs than the ferocious warriors TKD mythos have reputed them to be. Interesting reading there.
  • The modern martial art of HwaRangDo is a variation of hapkido with weapons and forms studied added on. Lots of cloudy history there as with its cousin Kuk Sool Won, but it is known that the founder of HRD, Mr. Lee, Joo Bang studied with Mr. Choi, Yong Sul the founder of hapkido.

Thank you, so HRD is no more tha the same cat but diferent colour. Nothing new, maybe some kind of HKD or KSW with some kind of diferent flavor.

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some of the forms in HwaRangDo and Kuk Sool Won are strikingly similar indicating a common shared history at some point in the past even if their founders aren't inclined to discuss it openly.

I've always have had a soft spot for KSW and even studied it for a time. It is a rather elegant style with a lot of aesthetic appeal to it. Alas, some of the most beautiful hyung are reserved for the very high dans only and even then it seems as the Suh family reserves certain of them only for their own blood kin.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:lfao:

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score

Manny

Bren "currently hold a 5th dan Back Belt in Taekwondo, 1st dan Black Belt in Hapkido and 1st dan Black belt in Hwarang-do" (http://www.kenshusei.com.au/trainer%20bios/BrenFosterBio.asp)

For more information on Hwarang-do, see Wikipedia. I don't do it, but I am aware of it.

Bren seems to have legit kicking skills, having seen him on Fight Science.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
An interesting part of studying HwaRangDo is that you're supposed to discontinue training in any other system when you join. The founder of the art has very strong feelings about style purity.

I am chewing back a smart remark right now, while considering the name sake of the style encompassed everything from grappling, striking to weapons as well as archery and horseback riding....

(maybe he got his first and then went on to other things, I mean, can you train in all these MAs and still have something like a life - or even sleep)