Cancer's roadmap to metastasis revealed.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Amen! I truly hope that this will spare more people the pain and suffering I am watching my father go through right now.

I know everyone has to die sometime, I just hope and pray we can mititgate the suffering of those going through it.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eternal, everyone has to die sometime, true. Cancer is such a horrible way to go though. Watching perfectly fine people slowly waste away causes as much suffering for those left watching as those with the affliction.

Almost all of us know someone who has suffered through cancer or, just as likely, died from it. I'm sorry for you and your father's struggle. But a lot of people have recovered from this too. I wish the best for everyone.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see it's a much more complicated process than had been thought. Hopefully that means more places it can be interrupted by treatment.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I see it's a much more complicated process than had been thought. Hopefully that means more places it can be interrupted by treatment.

My best friend works is a pharmaceutical scientist and has been working for 10 years now on developing a treatment drug for just one form of cancer. He has often stated that there is still so much to understand about the metastasis process before the proper drugs can be developed.

He sometimes finds it difficult to sustain himself when he knows people are dying while he researches. I applaud him for his dedication though.

We all have the chance every day to make the world better in some way but I can only imagine the emotional rewards he will have when (not "if") he discovers what he has sought for so many years.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fascinating link Navarre, thanks.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer about 7 years ago. We were so lucky that we found it early and it was treated successfully. Since he has been cancer free for more then 5 years, the doctor shook his hand last fall and said "good luck in your life, I never want to see you again" :)

I hope this new research helps many people in the near future.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lisa, I'm very happy for you that your husband is doing so well. I hope you have many happy years together.

Today is my mom's birthday but, of course, I have no one to celebrate with. Ironic that I would see this discovery today. (yeah, that Life. It sure is funny.)

Here's to your husband's next birthday and all the good days before and after.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Lisa, I'm very happy for you that your husband is doing so well. I hope you have many happy years together.

Today is my mom's birthday but, of course, I have no one to celebrate with. Ironic that I would see this discovery today. (yeah, that Life. It sure is funny.)

Here's to your husband's next birthday and all the good days before and after.

Thank you Navarre. I will raise a glass to your mom to honor her tonight. Keep well and remember to lean on those around you, they will be your strength.

Lisa

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the interesting link, My Mum is currently dealing with Metastatic Breast Cancer which has moved to her Lungs, Liver and Bones...and in two days it will be 2 long months since I lost my husband to Metastatic Malignant Melanoma, so this subject hits a raw nerve for me.

My thoughts are with you on your Mom's birthday...I hope you are filled with love and happy memories!

Latest Discussions