can anyone tell me how to combat police brutality

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hey everyone i have a question i want to ask so any of you in law enforcement please don't be offended so my question is how can i defend against an abusive police officer physically. i know you may think im crazy but i really hate police brutality as much as yall do. the reason why im asking this question is because i want to stop police brutality so much that i want to ruthlessly hurt them so much. you know we as citiens have the right of self defence even against a cop who is misusing his powers. im willing to get shot or even killed just to stop police brutality physically and the reason why is because they are no longer officers of the law and they are a criminal. i would like some advice to defeat and subdue an aubsive officer and i want to know why shouldn't i inflict injury on someone who is brutally hurting someone as a cop. this has to end now.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't get in to trouble, and it will end immediately.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i have a question i want to ask so any of you in law enforcement please don't be offended so my question is how can i defend against an abusive police officer physically. i know you may think im crazy but i really hate police brutality as much as yall do. the reason why im asking this question is because i want to stop police brutality so much that i want to ruthlessly hurt them so much. you know we as citiens have the right of self defence even against a cop who is misusing his powers. im willing to get shot or even killed just to stop police brutality physically and the reason why is because they are no longer officers of the law and they are a criminal. i would like some advice to defeat and subdue an aubsive officer and i want to know why shouldn't i inflict injury on someone who is brutally hurting someone as a cop. this has to end now.

Is this a specific case or just in general? Is there a police officer you know who you think is being abusive or is it that you think that in general police shouldn't be abusive?

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
nobody is abusing me i just want to know how to defend against a police officer who is using his power abusively. what i mean is i want to know how to subdue a abusive officer who is beating the crap out of a gay, handicapped, or black person. i just want to know how to stop a cop of using too much force on inicents.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nobody is abusing me i just want to know how to defend against a police officer who is using his power abusively. what i mean is i want to know how to subdue a abusive officer who is beating the crap out of a gay, handicapped, or black person. i just want to know how to stop a cop of using too much force on inicents.

Ok, firstly it's unlikely you will see such an incident, if someone is abusing another person it is usually done secretly. If you think a police officer is abusing their authority there are channels to go through to complain, for many reasons it would not do for you to interfere in what you think might be an abusive incident. firstly if you come across a scene you may not have enough information to act, you won't know who is being abused, it may be the police officer is having to defend him/herself and thats not always a clean thing to see. If what you see is correct and someone is being abused by a police officer you may end up being badly hurt yourself.

Thankfully, 'rogue' police officers are rare, the media make a great deal of publicity when there is a case so it may seem that there are more cases of police brutality than there really are. We have several police officers on MT and if you ask them they will tell you the same. The best thing is honestly, not to worry about things that may not happen and just continue your training and learning to cope with life. Don't throw in problems that in all likelihood will never happen.

See if you can talk to a local police officer who understands your concerns and why you are concerned, I'm sure they will put your mind at rest about this.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You don't.
You file complaints, film it, avoid further confrontation, send the video to the media, and let the system work it out.
If you get physical with a cop, you will be the one who gets the worst end of things.
You'll be arrested. You'll be charged. You'll get to spend time in court.
And even if it was reasonably justified, you'll still have spent a lot of money and lost a lot of time. If you think youre going to wade in and physically stop a bad cop you're wrong. If you think you can do it and be seen as a hero, you're very wrong.

The number of "bad cops" in the US/Canada is under 1% of total police strength.
Outside of the US, I don't keep up with stats.

In a 3rd world totalitarian state, fighting the cops could get you killed. Slowly, painfully, and in a not pretty way.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know i don't like that rogue cops can treat you abusively and get away with hurting someone. you know its like they can treat us like crap and i really hate rogue cops who use their power ruthlessly. i think we should have the right of self defence against unlawful arrest or anything without evidence or proof. you know one day i will create an organization that will ruthlessly assasinate rogue cops who ruthlessly beat the tar out of someone who didn't even do anything. rogue cops may think they have power but they don't. i really want to stop police brutality, bullying, rapist, and child abusers because those people are the most types i hate so much. why should i coroperate with a criminal who is a cop. why should i let a rogue cop beat the crap out of me and leave me in a pool of my own blood huh why. i just hate it that we don't have the same power they do.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob's got it 100% right. You don't fight "brutality" by fighting with the cops. You fight it by getting pictures or video on your cellphone, getting witnesses and filing a complaint. Police departments have internal affairs divisions that root this stuff out. If that doesn't work, there is always the media.

If you, yourself, are the victim, don't resist. It will not only make it worse for you physically and legally, it will destroy any credibility your complaint will have later. Instead, try to minimize the abuse by being compliant and cooperative, while focusing on getting the offending officer's name, badge number, and noting any facts that will give your future complaint more weight. Later, when you are out of danger, you can pursue legal remedies that may actually improve conditions in your community. Lashing out at an officer will not do that. It will screw up your life. The key here is to remember that cops are not the enemy. They are people. Most are decent folks with a tough job. They may tend to stick together, but they hate brutality too.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...you know one day i will create an organization that will ruthlessly assasinate rogue cops...

Now that's what I call crazy-talk. I hope you are very young, because then I might be able to write it off as a kid's tantrum. Otherwise you need help, dude. We had a guy here in my state (Arizona) who went around ranting like that. Name's Jared Loughner. Ring a bell? I hope you aren't another one from his mold. Seriously, get a grip or get some help.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know i don't like that rogue cops can treat you abusively and get away with hurting someone. you know its like they can treat us like crap and i really hate rogue cops who use their power ruthlessly. i think we should have the right of self defence against unlawful arrest or anything without evidence or proof. you know one day i will create an organization that will ruthlessly assasinate rogue cops who ruthlessly beat the tar out of someone who didn't even do anything. rogue cops may think they have power but they don't. i really want to stop police brutality, bullying, rapist, and child abusers because those people are the most types i hate so much. why should i coroperate with a criminal who is a cop. why should i let a rogue cop beat the crap out of me and leave me in a pool of my own blood huh why. i just hate it that we don't have the same power they do.

Eggg, your willingness to do good is fine but you are getting ahead of yourself. Everybody hates unfairness and people who abuse others. The best way though to help is to take a good look at what you can do rather than what you might do in the future.
Train your martial arts well, learn to teach people who are considered weak in our society, show them how martial arts can make them more confident, fitter and more able to cope with life. Show them that martial arts can bring you friends and a sense of achievement. This way some of the weaker people will become stronger and it will be down to you.

Leave the sorting out of the bad guys to those who can do it, do your bit in helping people not become victims. That's a huge thing to do, without victims the bullies have a hard time.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i know they hate brutality and i understand that their job is hard then ours but that still gives them no right to treat us like crap sometimes. those rogue cops are criminals and does that mean we just let them beat the crap out of us. i have seen news videos or rogue officers beating up special needs kids like my older brother and handicapped people they even go as far as beating up a suspect which in law enforcement you can't punch or kick a person while their handcuffed. those dirty ruthless cops beat up people with autism too and thats something i can never forgive.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's what I call crazy-talk. I hope you are very young, because then I might be able to write it off as a kid's tantrum. Otherwise you need help, dude. We had a guy here in my state (Arizona) who went around ranting like that. Name's Jared Loughner. Ring a bell? I hope you aren't another one from his mold. Seriously, get a grip or get some help.

Eggg isn't mad or crazy, he just gets an idea and goes overboard with it. His sense of justice is keen but he doesn't know the best way forward.

He isn't ranting and doesn't need help in the way you mean it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know they hate brutality and i understand that their job is hard then ours but that still gives them no right to treat us like crap sometimes. those rogue cops are criminals and does that mean we just let them beat the crap out of us. i have seen news videos or rogue officers beating up special needs kids like my older brother and handicapped people they even go as far as beating up a suspect which in law enforcement you can't punch or kick a person while their handcuffed. those dirty ruthless cops beat up people with autism too and thats something i can never forgive.

I know, eggg, life is sometimes unfair, you know that but sometimes the best thing we can do is to be the best we can and try to help others be the best they can. You can do that with your martial arts, it seems hard to tell you not to do anything about this because it is wrong for people to bully and abuse but do leave it to those who will sort it out. For every bad cop there are hundreds, thousands even, of good ones and eventually the bad cops will be caught.
You concentrate on your life, make the best of it you can and you'll see I'm right.

Spend your life helping those less well off than yourself and educate people about autism and how hard it is but how you can cope with it. Believe in yourself eggg, because I know you can help a great many people, that way you will be doing your bit to help defeat the abusers. We must all do what we can, but getting too excited about it will only upset other people. :)

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Come on, you guys are buying this?
images

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, you guys are buying this?
images

No, Eggg is not a troll, we've been through all this before. He's a rather nice young man who happens to have autism. He's also a martial artist. His views may seem extreme but to be honest they are no less extreme, just less well worded, than some of the 'political' posters on here. Oh and he's open to changing his mind when people post information and views which is more than I can say for some.

Slipper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Eggg!

Is there something that you have seen that has you worried about police brutality? Even if it's only something that you have seen on the news, if you can link it here, maybe we can all look at it and see where you are coming from.

The law enforcement that I've worked with before have all been very kind, especially in regards to disability issues. I'm not sure what exactly has upset you, but it's my opinion that police brutality is very rare and probably not something you will personally encounter.

Something you can do to help is to help educate law enforcement on how those with disability appear to the public (and also to the police). Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. If you saw someone who appeared to be staggering, you might think they are intoxicated rather than disabled, same with slurred speech. That might set a basis for misunderstanding. If my memory is correct, you are still in school. See if your teacher will help you put together some information on autism and present it to someone at your local police station. I know that many law enforcement agencies have information already (usually given to them by an advocacy agency), but I'm sure they would take the time to listen to you. Plus, it would give you a chance to meet them. If you want some links or more information, pm me and I'll gather them together for you.

I actually presented this at my daughter's school (she's still in elementary so the topic was different) for law enforcement to be aware of how children with disabilities might respond in an emergency. I also felt it was important for the kids in her classroom to see community helpers (police, fire dept, ambulance workers) in full gear and still know they are friends who are there to help.

There's a lot of information out there that I think you would be interested in. :)

If you see a police officer attacking someone, you shouldn't intervene. You don't know the circumstances. They could be in the middle of busting someone for any reason. If you intervene, you run the risk of being hurt yourself, being arrested and possibly helping a bad person get away.

If you haven't spoken to your Sensei about this, perhaps you should? I'm sure he would have insight that would help you.

All the best to you Eggg :)

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I really do not see how this guy is so different from Loughner.
He is off in a way that nobody can really put their finger on... other hten a few people who have never met him claiming he is autistic.
he keeps making comments about not caring is he gets shot or killed to fight some injustice or wrong in his eyes.
he keeps talking about hating certain people, and actions..

here he is talking passionately about hating cops... abusive ones, but sayuign he wants to fight them.
My suggestion is someone needs to report him to the authorities, and maybe we can avoid another Loughner situation in a couple years.

Maybe his posts are innocent, but he sure sounds to me like a frustrated, confused, violent prone individual who has anti authority leanings...

I hope he is just a troll, and not someone who is going to do either something stupid and get himself hurt, or worse do something evil and hurt alot of other people because he has a slanted view of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.