Bye Little Dragon

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a blue these days, my little dagon (Ana) asked me to leave TKD classes, my little daughter is not interested on this time in TKD, so she talked sambunim and I told sambuning this.

I think Ana got bored about the discipline, she's a girl that only wants to play and maybe she felt unpset about to go training 3 times per week and hshe would rather been playing around without comitments.

Manny

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm a blue these days, my little dagon (Ana) asked me to leave TKD classes, my little daughter is not interested on this time in TKD, so she talked sambunim and I told sambuning this.

I think Ana got bored about the discipline, she's a girl that only wants to play and maybe she felt unpset about to go training 3 times per week and hshe would rather been playing around without comitments.

Manny

It will happen. In time they will come back to it. We see this happen all the time with the younger kids. One thing to do is still maintain how excited you are after classes and how much fun you have. That way she will start to get interested again.

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My youngest blows hot and cold on it too (she is 5). My 6 year old and 16 year old love it.

My youngest has an issue with being told what to do, sometimes she is fine with it and sometimes she is not. I let her make up her own mind about doing TKD. She knows that she will not be testing with her sister this time because she has not pre-tested and she seems fine with it.

A lot of kids are like that, they have their own likes and dislikes. Don't be sad, be happy that she has her own mind and can think for herself.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How old is she? C'mon, the best thing for a parent to do is to let their kid taste a bit of this and a bit of that and if they like it then they'll probably go back to it. Let her go and keep setting the example of how much you love it and she'll probably join in again.
Does Mom do it? What about other sibs (if any)? If she sees them doing it and loving it then well... who knows?
Talk to her about it (without pressure hinting for her to come back) and see if she might be interested in it later on. She'll probably say "I dunno, maybe" take that as a positive sign.

:asian:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Taekwon-Do will always be there for your daughter - but it may not be right for her, at least right now.

Kids should be encouraged to try a variety of things until the find the one (or several) that they truly enjoy - but forcing them to go to activities they've decided they don't like will only sour them completely on the activity.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since Daddy is loving it it won't be out of her mind.

She has a lifetime to do it, there is no need to force it on her.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good comments, everyone. I'm left with nothing to say beyond what you've already covered :tup:.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She has been exposed to the art and may someday return. Being a child and enjoying childhood with it’s exploration of many things is a world unto itself. Encourage her always and be proud of whatever endeavors she tries

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you all, your words reflect wisdom. Anie will not return in some time but I already keep her dobok near by, who knows maybe in 6 months, maybe a year she will come back, maybe she will not come back, who knows? The only thing I know is I love her and she gave me nice moments at the dojan, training and in her yellow belt test.

My wife does not like MA, my oldest daughter Laura was a gimnastic girl now is doing jazz and ballet the only one with the character to be a MA girls is Anie, She has the temper, she has the looks, she is a fighter believe me, maybe is just a matter of time.

Manny

Latest Discussions