Bush Transfers Powers . . .

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George W. Bush has transfered his powers as of this morning to the VP Cheney.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_colonoscopy

For information on the procedure please check here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonoscopy

vs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmoidoscopy

I am confused on why there woudl be a transfer of powers in this case.

The procedure is classified as " minimally invasive endoscopic".

My question is do they knock him out? I thought the patient was awake through the procedure.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought that was common for all surgeries.

Bob,

If you had some stitch you up form a cut would you transfer powers?
Or maybe an x-ray or maybe a CT scan? None of these in my limited exposure to them would cause me to think of having to transfer powers.

If he was under some form of drug yes. But I cannot find where that is normal procedure. Hence my confusion.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich, think.

This is like, major brain surgery to the man. :D

Ahh...article updated. He was sedated.
"President Bush transferred the powers of his office to Vice President Dick Cheney for more than two hours Saturday while under sedation for a colon cancer screening."

Now someone check what Mad Dog Cheney signed while King George was getting roto rootered.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich, think.

This is like, major brain surgery to the man. :D

Ahh...article updated. He was sedated.
"President Bush transferred the powers of his office to Vice President Dick Cheney for more than two hours Saturday while under sedation for a colon cancer screening."

Now someone check what Mad Dog Cheney signed while King George was getting roto rootered.

So, while I went in a couple of years ago for a Sigm and got a Colon as it was clear sailing and he while we are here why not, and I was awake the whole time, I should have been put under? It was uncomfortable but not to the point of needing to be put under.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I recall it is.

For going under yes.

The original article did not mention going under at all. Check the Yahoo (* Updated time *) and the post of my original question.

It makes sense now for him going under, but is normal to go under for this procedure?

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich, you had one-if they had given you the option of anaesthesia, wouldn't you have taken it? I did....

To be honest, it was not "That" Painful. The problem was after the they were done and they pulled it out fast. The Anus Muscle tightens and it gets bruised if you do not relax. :( Yes, I might have asked for a local or even be put under for the discomfort, but I really do not like being put under. The couple of times I have been put under, I have had reactions such as headaches for a few days. So a headache or a bruised anus. Not sure, what I would choose.

But on the other side, I did enjoy seeing what was on the scope. I as able to see that there were no real issues with my own eyes. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah...I hate it when they pull out real fast.

(hey, it's government talk, really.) :D

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I just want to know: while the doctors were inside the potus, did they happen to find his brains?

Andrew

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
To be honest, it was not "That" Painful. The problem was after the they were done and they pulled it out fast. The Anus Muscle tightens and it gets bruised if you do not relax. :( Yes, I might have asked for a local or even be put under for the discomfort, but I really do not like being put under. The couple of times I have been put under, I have had reactions such as headaches for a few days. So a headache or a bruised anus. Not sure, what I would choose.

But on the other side, I did enjoy seeing what was on the scope. I as able to see that there were no real issues with my own eyes. :)

He didn't have a simple endoscopy; he had a colonoscopy-they removed polyps. Think ya'd want to be asleep for that one?:eek:

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Bob,

If you had some stitch you up form a cut would you transfer powers?
Or maybe an x-ray or maybe a CT scan? None of these in my limited exposure to them would cause me to think of having to transfer powers.

If he was under some form of drug yes. But I cannot find where that is normal procedure. Hence my confusion.

It is not unusual to get some mild sedation, usually like an IV Valium when undergoing a colonoscopy. While not under, you are not in full possesion of your faculties. Of course, when is he?

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is not unusual to get some mild sedation, usually like an IV Valium when undergoing a colonoscopy. While not under, you are not in full possesion of your faculties. Of course, when is he?

Hmmm You have posed an interesting idea. If one could measure his normal faculties and then while under the influence of something, then it would be nice to see which would be or have the better rating.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's about time he was on the recieving end of a poop shute invasion, after how long he's been giving it to the country and the world.

D.