BuSh Rejects Reality of Science, and Scientists Reject Him!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen here..:lol:

"In my more than three decades in government, I have never seen anything approaching the degree to which information flow from scientists to the public has been screened and controlled as it is now," James E. Hansen told a University of Iowa audience. ... Hansen said the administration wants to hear only scientific results that "fit predetermined, inflexible positions." Evidence that would raise concerns about the dangers of climate change is often dismissed as not being of sufficient interest to the public. "This, I believe, is a recipe for environmental disaster/"

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is this just evidence for global warming, that without we wont do anything to fix? Or am I missing something...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe there should be a subsection of The Study where you can post all these. We could call it "The 1,001 Sins of The Great Satan BuShKKK" or something.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe there should be a subsection of The Study where you can post all these. We could call it "The 1,001 Sins of The Great Satan BuShKKK" or something.

That would tidy things up pretty well.

brianhunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree....I have not visited this board very much lately and today came by to check the threads and have found 4 so far calling Bush the great Satan.

Would be nice if they were all in one place so they can be ignored.

I am just curious who is going to be blamed when Obama is president and has a democratic house and senate....oh wait Bush.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

You might just be onto something here Cory get in all into one nice little nasty place.

I was going to say quite the Bush Hate Festival going on here today.. But then I thought you know he will be out of office soon so there is not much time left in his presidency to get all this stuff in so I guess it is to be expected :rolleyes:

Note:
This is just yesterday and today
BuSh Rejects Reality of Science, and Scientists Reject Him!
Bush Derangement Syndrome
BuSh regime blocks Holocaust reparations!!
United Methodists Upset with BuSh, Cheney..
BuSh Reveals Iraq Invasion to Ghostwriter in 1999!

At this rate I guess we can expect about 2.5 a day :)

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score

If we do this, in the interest of fairness, we'll have to make a subsection for Big Don (and others, to be sure) called "Republicans can do no wrong."

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If we do this, in the interest of fairness, we'll have to make a subsection for Big Don (and others, to be sure) called "Republicans can do no wrong."
Sure, if you only want to continue to distort what I and others have said.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feeling Bushed? Shaved off your shorthairs because some hippy said to "say no to Bush"? Tossed out your cd's by the band Bush because it shared a name with the big D? Have you memorized every line of Farinheight 9/11 and are axiously awaiting the sequil? Well cum on down and join us at the BushWacked Bar N Grill. VP's must check hunting rifles at the door.

Ya'll behave or I'll do it. You know i will. :rofl:

(spelling issues intentional)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Feeling Bushed? Shaved off your shorthairs because some hippy said to "say no to Bush"? Tossed out your cd's by the band Bush because it shared a name with the big D? Have you memorized every line of Farinheight 9/11 and are axiously awaiting the sequil? Well cum on down and join us at the BushWacked Bar N Grill. VP's must check hunting rifles at the door.

Ya'll behave or I'll do it. You know i will. :rofl:

(spelling issues intentional)
Shotguns, damn it, it was a shotgun!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder why it is that this fellow (the incumbent US President) manages to stir up this much 'mud' so far outside his circle of interest?

No smoke without fire, certainly but also, with due deference to his authority, too much smoke to point out what's really been going awry and what has been done well.

Is the American population really as polarised as we see here at MT? I'd hope not. The States are in for a rough time if it is.

I haven't seen political blinkers this thick since my first time at Uni. The confrontations between Conservative Society and Labour Club hardliners were just as littered with hyperbole and lack of listening as some of the fora have been in recent months.

Politics should be interesting and inspire debate, not foster closed thinking of the "My Party Right or Wrong" ilk.

After all, does anyone whose posted anything about the man and his deeds/misdeed think he gives a tinkers cuss what any of us say or believe? That's the bottom line at the end of the day. So enjoy a friendly argument - it's all that any of us are going to take away from the exchanges, so no sense in making ourselves miserable.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder why it is that this fellow (the incumbent US President) manages to stir up this much 'mud' so far outside his circle of interest?

Oh it's been going on for longer than that but the level of intensity has certainly increased under the last two presidents due to the increase of near instant..and often interactive... communication ( daily talk radio call in shows and the internet)

The source, I believe, is that the US political spectrum is actually very narrow in the mainstream. This means to achieve or maintain political power it's not sufficient to merely talk about your plan, your goals, and your results. One must magnify slight differences with, and demonize the character, of your opponent.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's one thing to say that Bush has stopped scientists from speaking/publishing about global warning; it's another thing to say the same thing about a gov't employee--and NASA is an arm of the fed gov't.

No one, including the Prez is compelled to believe something on the word of a scientist, priest, rabbi or fellow citizen. Hopefully, the hearer investigates and weighs the evidence carefully. And if anyone of us disagree with the prez or anyone else, that is our right to do so.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree....I have not visited this board very much lately and today came by to check the threads and have found 4 so far calling Bush the great Satan.

Would be nice if they were all in one place so they can be ignored.

I am just curious who is going to be blamed when Obama is president and has a democratic house and senate....oh wait Bush.
Nah. Then the people being "persecuted" now will have someone to blame.

brianhunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nah. Then the people being "persecuted" now will have someone to blame.

Well the people being "persecuted" tend to blame President Bush as is, I see no reason for them to stop.

It's Bush's fault people don't have a job, car, house, pretty girlfriends, holister shirts, free pay per views on their extended cable, and Nintendo Wii's. People in this country need to take inventory of what they truly have and how well off they truly are.

This will continue long after he is out of office. 2010 when we have democrats in control of the house, senate, and the executive branch people will STILL be blaming Bush. By then the democrats will have had control of the house and senate for 4 years and in half of that the economy is being labeled a "recession" and gas has nearly doubled and groceries are through the roof because people are putting food in their gas tanks. Bush can talk all he wants it is hot air, sentate and congress have the power to act and make legislation on these things yet we have hearings on baseball and global warming starring George Soros.

I am calling it now! 2012 Bush will STILL be used as a scape goat in democrat election campaigns instead of taking some responsibility for their own policies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good post Brian. I've said that for years, Bush may be the guy at the top, but theres that whole Congress who has EQUAL power that's been selling us short and is EQUALLY to blame for much of our current woes.

The Government doesn't owe anyone anything, other than secure borders, and the means to get from point a to point b.

As to blaming Bush...you're right, some will. Look at how many still blame Clinton for -current- problems, or Reagan, or even Carter?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, Reaganomics changed the state of California and this country forever. Every president touches this country permanently. And before people start shouting "Democratic Congress" let's be real ... there is something called the Veto.

Blame - if there is blame to be had - should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the American People who still see The American Presidency as The Superhero of the Free World and vote in the talking head they see on the television and who cared enough to kiss their baby and lie to them personally in their very own living room.

Whenever I see a political campaign commercial I liken it to those advertisements for meth and really ... so should everyone else. They are nothing but marketing for what people want, not what a candidate *really* stands for, not their record ....

Money buys the presidency and the sooner we all face it, the more intellectually truthful we'll all be. Furthermore, when integrity becomes more important than stuff and a trade figure, THAT'S when American politics will come back into being what it was meant to be - the people's government.

brianhunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As to blaming Bush...you're right, some will. Look at how many still blame Clinton for -current- problems, or Reagan, or even Carter?

Yeah, I was younger but I never understood the Bill Clinton hating at the time, I still think he did some decent things as a president. Reagan and Carter I was a kid so I am out of touch there, I just know from what I read on Carter's middle east policy some think he is the start of many of our current day problems there.

I personally think people should take more individual responsibility for their own woes and provide for themselves. :) Vote Libertarian I say! hahahaha