BuSh regime blocks Holocaust reparations!!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently to keep Poland in the so-called "Coalition of the willing..."

Seen Here

Hungarian Holocaust survivors brought the class-action case in 2001. They are seeking compensation for a trainload of valuables, looted by the Nazis, that came under the control of the U.S. Army shortly after World War II and then vanished. The federal judge in the case appointed a mediator to negotiate a settlement earlier this year, after the administration came under bipartisan criticism for delaying tactics.
The most explosive charge is that the administration effectively dropped pressure on Poland — home to Europe's largest prewar Jewish community and the only European nation that has not enacted restitution laws for private property — because of a desire to secure Polish support in the Iraq war. Poland currently has 2,500 troops in Iraq.
"Everybody that I speak to tells me, 'Don't expect to get help as long as Bush depends on Polish help in Iraq,'" said Jehuda Evron, president of the New York-based Holocaust Restitution Committee, which has initiated a class-action suit against the Polish government.
snark!

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, I'm sure I understand this. Bush wont help Hungry because he wants Poland in Iraq. How does that work, or am I missing something?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Poland being one of the first nations attacked during WWII, they are obviously the cause...

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Because Poland did not colaborate with the Nazis during WWII of course...

Latest Discussions