Bush arrested in Canada for war crimes..

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, not really....but...

OTTAWA, CANADA (AP) -- On the first of his two-day planned visit to Canada, George W. Bush was taken into custody by Canadian authorities citing war crime charges. Under Canadian law, even a non-citizen can be charged for crimes committed outside of Canada once that individual enters the country
Full story at http://www.world-cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/11/30/bush.arrest/index.html
http://www.world-cnn.com/

I liked this part:
The president received a bruise on his face during the arrest, which some observers have noted resembles a Canadian maple leaf.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
:roflmao:

I disagree with trying to charge the sitting head-of-state of a country other than your own. But, this still abso-f'ing-lutely hilarious! :roflmao:

Is Bush still in Canadian custody?

R

raedyn

I know the story about Bush being arrested in Canada isn't true.

So what am I missing here? How is that story on a cnn website? I can only assume world-cnn.com is not actually CNN owned. Does anybody know for sure? How has CNN not jumped all over this? The page looks just like the CNN.com pages, but I can't find a way to link from cnn.com to world-cnn.com (there are links the other way, though). I can't figure out how CNN could a) allow someone else to wreck their reputation by using their copyrights or b) fall for this story.

Can any body help me out? I'm really stumped by this.

[It can't be an actual cnn website, I'm more convinced all the time. But it's hard to tell! The only indication I saw there was a message in my status bar saying "Done, but with errors"]

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:)

Someone saved a copy of the CNN home page, and then edited in some 'tweaks', registered a domain, and put it online. CNN will most likely not find it as funny as we do, and it will vanish.

R

raedyn

Thanks for the explanation, Bob. It's brilliantly done. Of course CNN will at some point have a fit. But it's still pretty durn cool.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
It would not just be a bruise on his cheek, be a major firefight if that happened.
Secret Service Persons would die to the man or women taking care of him before that happened. We are talking dedicated to the bone. They carry lots more then hand guns around.

It was interesting to say the least, I wonder how many in America were breaking out "old Betsy" and getting ready?

Regards, Gary

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
LOL. It had me going for a minute. heh

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aw, man - this isn't real??? :tantrum::disgust:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just get a huge kick out of that fact that some people consider the possibility of war crimes being committed. That fact, in itself, speaks volumes about the actions of the administration .... volumes.

Mike

R

raedyn

Too bad our government doesn't have the guts to pull a stunt like that.

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
no kidding, our gov't doesn't really do anything about anything internationally. well, we do aid work...

P

PeachMonkey

mj_lover said:
no kidding, our gov't doesn't really do anything about anything internationally. well, we do aid work...

Canada has also been a staunch supporter of peacekeeping work through the UN and other international operations, and the Canadian military has served proudly in conflict around the world in the Empire, Commonwealth, and as allies for decades.

R

raedyn

Canada spends 1.8 times what the US does on foreign aid - as a percentage of GDP. That's something at least.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mj_lover said:
Guess who's PM is leading the charge to create the Group of 20? If you do the research, you'll find that we do all kinds of things internationally. Kosovo, Afghanistan, Somalia - diplomatically we've got our fingers in a wide variety of different pies.

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
you are correct, my appologies. I will next time do a little more reaserch.
:asian:
thank you for correcting me.

Latest Discussions