Bruce Lee's Striking thoughts

What did you think of Bruce Lee's: Striking Thoughts?

• Great Read

• Poor Read

• I never read it...but would like to...

• I never read it...and don't plan to...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you think of this Book, I personally enjoyed the book, recently finishing it today, I found it insightful and Intelligent...What are your views...etc

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have read STRIKING THOUGHTS but I didn't vote because I found the book as a good read, not great or poor. I also was reading at the same time ZEN and THE MARTIAL ARTS by Joe Hymas and I found that a great read. I am currently reading THE SECRET POWER WITHIN by Chuck Norris and I find it a very good read.

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a book that according to Bruce Lee is the way to live ones daily life, and its a great guide...But even Bruce Lee says in the book, that everyone should question there teacher.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have you read any of his other books? I have read the Tao of JKD - what's different about the two books? Is it written in the same style?

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have read tao of Jeet Jun Do, and Striking thoughts is different because it doesn't talk about technique at all...its only wisdom for every day life.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting! So, what would you say are the main themes of the book? What is Bruce trying to tell us? Was it convincing? What bits of wisdom did you take from it?

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A cup has more potential than anything in the world...as long as its empty.

Latest Discussions