British Gold in Summer Youth Olympics

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.insidethegames.biz/youth...s-britains-first-gold-medal-of-youth-olympics

Well done that girl!

I haven't seen anything on MT about the Youth Olympics and the TKD section of it. has anyone else got teams in?

The USA Team had Two Medalists!

Greg English---Bronze (M) Fin/Fly

Jesse Bates---Bronze (F) Bantam/Feather

I know both of them...Greg is a Teammate of my daughters on the AAU National Team and Jesse Bates is from Southern California who trains @ Villa's TKD who are goods friends with our Team!

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know both of them...Greg is a Teammate of my daughters on the AAU National Team and Jesse Bates is from Southern California who trains @ Villa's TKD who are goods friends with our Team!

Cool!

Something that really annoys me though is that this hasn't been splashed all over our news, the Pakistani cricket team's betting scandal has though. Here's our young people doing well in an internationall arena, not just in TKD and it's ignored. Still plenty of moans about the state of young people today though. I'm not a fan of Olympic TKD at all but when someone especially if they are youngsters, does well it should be news.

Good on all these kids whatever their sport and country!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score

I watched Jesse Bates's quarter final match. Someone put it up on youtube in HD quality and she destroyed her competitor. I even think they stopped the match before it was over. Jesse is an awesome fighter.

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Still plenty of moans about the state of young people today though.

The same youngsters showing fantastic example on operations as we speak. This country is seeing both extremes at the moment!

I'm not a fan of Olympic TKD at all but when someone especially if they are youngsters, does well it should be news.

Same here, and I absolutely agree especially as you say after the cricket.

Latest Discussions