British, French and Canadians, Oh MY!!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that French fighter aircraft were making recon flights over Libya. Obviously, the war mongers in the British, French, and Canadian governments are about to engage in an illegal, military intervention in the independent nation of Libya. With a thin cover of legality from the United Nations, these war mongers, bowing to their masters at Haliburton are showing their complete willingness to spill innocent blood for Libyan Oil. In nothing less than an excercise in raw power these three nations are demonstrating the excesses of Eurocentric thinking when it comes to the third world. :angel:

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Better late than never, but I often wonder if this whole mess could have been averted, had a no-fly zone simply been erected three weeks ago?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The illegal, and imoral aggression has begun. Obviously under orders from their masters at Haliburton, a french fighter jet fired on a Libyan vehicle. This naked act of aggression against the property of a legitimate, independent nation's vehicle is just the opening move. Have we not learned the lesson of no blood for oil. The world cries out for Britain, Canada and France, Historical war mongers (well, except for maybe canada) and colonial powers to desist this unlawful action. Who knows what the death toll for this illegal and imoral action may be.:)

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hyperbole aside, the statistics are interesting in that it could have a huge effect on some EU nations.

Ireland imports 23% of it's oil from Libya, and Italy imports 22%, Austria 21.2%, the U.K. 8.5%, Spain 13%, France 16%. In fact, Europe receives about 85% of Libya's oil exports.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that French fighter aircraft were making recon flights over Libya. Obviously, the war mongers in the British, French, and Canadian governments are about to engage in an illegal, military intervention in the independent nation of Libya. With a thin cover of legality from the United Nations, these war mongers, bowing to their masters at Haliburton are showing their complete willingness to spill innocent blood for Libyan Oil. In nothing less than an excercise in raw power these three nations are demonstrating the excesses of Eurocentric thinking when it comes to the third world. :angel:
Now forgive me if I am wrong but I thought you guys defend you right to bear arms as protection against a tyranical government taking away the rights of the people.

I mean there is obviously no connection here between that and a benevolent dictator like Gadaffi defending his family's rights to do whatever against these ungrateful demonstrators who would dare challenge his generousity towards his people.

Yep, I reckon he should be left alone to kill anyone who seeks to oppose him. It's probably the fault of those damned Egyptians who were demanding their right to be heard. BTW, Gaddafi and his cronies have never had any qualms over spilling innocent blood. Just look at Pan Am flight 103.

I'm not quite sure how the Canadians were singled out for supporting the UN resolution because I'm sure that, in the small print, you will find the support of most nations, including the USA and Australia.

PS. US warships off Libya just launched some Cruise missiles, target unknown! Any bets that they weren't targeting the pyramids.? :asian:

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Uhhh you can't see the sarcasm K-Man??

[hint] Hes making a sarcastic comparison to how the US would be treated if we were the primary actors in this. [/hint]

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, there is some CHANGE for you Obama fans, the President of the United States, is no longer the LEADER of the free world.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How is that?
Not only was he worrying about college basketball when there are actual problems going on in the world,
his Secretary of State's statements made it abundantly clear the US was not going to take the lead in this. If you're not leading, you aren't a leader.

Last edited:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually....I agree. Obama did it right. It's not the US's fight to interfere in the matters of an internal disagreement in another sovereign nation.
Libya's civil war isn't a US matter.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He "changed" his mind.

I meant his original response. Sorry, meant to write more, got sidetracked.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The difference is that it's not a unilateral use of force. Like it or not, and I don't care all that much for the UN, the action against Lybia is sanctioned by the only body that has any kind of legitimacy to act, as the decision was taken by a majority of the nations voting.

We supported Gulf War I. We're still in Afgahnistan. You may not realize this but Canada has supplied troops in every action and conflict authorized by an international body.

If the US had just decided to bomb the crap out of Lybia one day, we would not be there.

You're just pissed because we don't blindly follow you into whatever war you get into.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA:
'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH:
'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'...
His teleprompter can't even come up with an original line.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Obama handled it well I thought, considering how the usa has rushed into things in the past and 'warmongering'

That and nice sarcasm Bill. So he speaks fluent sarcasm after all! :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not only was he worrying about college basketball when there are actual problems going on in the world,
his Secretary of State's statements made it abundantly clear the US was not going to take the lead in this. If you're not leading, you aren't a leader.
Its not our place to invade every country we don't like. We are part of a coalition.
Sean

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The US should back off, let the rest of the world deal with things for a decade or 3.
Stick to humanitarian aid.

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Other than the US saying "we're going in, who's with us?' What international body sactioned the invasion?

There is no need for an international body to sanction any invasion. So it really doesn't matter.

Latest Discussions