Britain's Daniel Hannan for American President?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking who the heck is he but of course he'll be one of those Members of the European Parliament who are making a fortune from expenses. He'll have his snout in the trough. He wasn't even born in the UK, he's from Chile and quite honestly he looks like one of the worst young fogeys I've seen for ages. So sad, I wouldn't take him too seriously though he's a MEP.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Glad I wasn't the only one going "Who?!" :lol:.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Another video of Daniel Hannan when he addresses Gordon Brown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Still going "Who?!"

You don't need to borrow one of 'our' political nonentities, BillC, you have enough of those of your own {:lol: just watch Hannon become First World President now I've said that :D}.

He had a blush of 'fame' as he gave a speach short enough to be put on YouTube that got the attention of the "Loony Right" programme makers in the States which inevitably lead to a flush of YouTube hits for the clip.

That was the extent of his gravitas ... and that was 2009.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I haven't even seen the video yet, but already xenophobic remarks, accusations of greed and distasteful remarks against his looks have been expressed by the usual suspects. He must definately be a conservative!

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just an MEP trough-feeder, YL. Really nothing to get excited about ... but if the Yanks want him they can always apply to adopt him.

Just don't give the impression that he is of any significance on the world stage by posting in threads about him on martial arts forums ... DOH!!!!

Apparently he has intelligence and strong ideals ... but that was a journalist friend of his saying that {apply a pinch of salt to taste}.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just an MEP trough-feeder, YL. Really nothing to get excited about ... but if the Yanks want him they can always apply to adopt him.

Just don't give the impression that he is of any significance on the world stage by posting in threads about him on martial arts forums ... DOH!!!!

Apparently he has intelligence and strong ideals ... but that was a journalist friend of his saying that {apply a pinch of salt to taste}.

QTF! My last post was a little tongue in cheek, but on this terminal, I'm unable to use emoticons.
Clearly there are hundreds of MEPs out there who have varying perspectives. In the US, the last thing we need is another politician, especially one that will give the media another round of bloodlust, as it did for Palin.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The best way to control these out of control politicians, where ever they may be in office is to cut off their money. the best way to do that is to cut taxes that the government recieves. Those articles you highlighted just point out the corruption that gets worse as the governing body gets bigger and gets access to more money.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know if he does or not but here is another article by him about the expenses of the M.E.P.'s and how the non-British members just don't seem to see the problem with the expense accounts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...P-No-questions-receipts-cash-courtesy-EU.html

from the article:

The Conservatives and the Greens publish their expenses online, as do most LibDems. Labour and UKIP have pledged to follow suit.
Why did MEPs vote for reform? Partly because of public pressure in their home constituencies, stirred up by irritating ticks like me touring the Continent and telling audiences, in their own languages where I could, how the system worked.

Partly because there was a delay built in, and many MEPs knew that they would stand down before the new rules came into force.

Partly because, even in the European Parliament, there are people of conscience. Oh, and partly because the deal was sweetened with a pay rise.
MEPs benefit from a double standard because they are expected

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-receipts-cash-courtesy-EU.html#ixzz1PTaNRgbw

If he is exploiting the system he is sure painting a target on himself for someone to rat him out. He seems to be digging up a lot of material on these scandals.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if he does or not but here is another article by him about the expenses of the M.E.P.'s and how the non-British members just don't seem to see the problem with the expense accounts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...P-No-questions-receipts-cash-courtesy-EU.html

from the article:

The Conservatives and the Greens publish their expenses online, as do most LibDems. Labour and UKIP have pledged to follow suit.
Why did MEPs vote for reform? Partly because of public pressure in their home constituencies, stirred up by irritating ticks like me touring the Continent and telling audiences, in their own languages where I could, how the system worked.

Partly because there was a delay built in, and many MEPs knew that they would stand down before the new rules came into force.

Partly because, even in the European Parliament, there are people of conscience. Oh, and partly because the deal was sweetened with a pay rise.
MEPs benefit from a double standard because they are expected

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-receipts-cash-courtesy-EU.html#ixzz1PTaNRgbw

If he is exploiting the system he is sure painting a target on himself for someone to rat him out. He seems to be digging up a lot of material on these scandals.

He's jumping onto the shirt tails of other politicians who had earlier blown the whistle on the expenses scandal.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/8674/sleaze-call-over-meps-expenses

http://www.justresponse.net/Watt_18May03.html

Latest Discussions