Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Judge Sends Detroit Mayor To Jail

Judge Revokes Bond, Suspends Travel

Click on Detroit.com
POSTED: 10:09 am EDT August 7, 2008
UPDATED: 11:38 am EDT August 7, 2008
Excerpt:

DETROIT -- Judge Ronald Giles sent Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to Wayne County Jail for failing to notify the court of his trip to Canada and violating the terms of his bond.Despite Kilpatrick's humble apologies to the court beforehand, Giles said he needed to treat Kilpatrick as an ordinary citizen and sent him immediately to jail.Giles revoked Kilpatrick's bond and suspended all travel.
--------------
Remarkably, the word Democrat, indicating Mayor Kilpatrick's party, appears nowhere in the article.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Remarkably, the word Democrat, indicating Mayor Kilpatrick's party, appears nowhere in the article.

In all your paranoia did it ever occur to you that the term 'Democrat' is not used because it can be taken for granted? Maybe the reason that the term 'Republican' is used in negative articles about Republican politicians is that it's the exceptional case, but 'Democrat' is rarely used in similar stories about Democrat politicians simply because it's assumed?

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In all your paranoia did it ever occur to you that the term 'Democrat' is not used because it can be taken for granted? Maybe the reason that the term 'Republican' is used in negative articles about Republican politicians is that it's the exceptional case, but 'Democrat' is rarely used in similar stories about Democrat politicians simply because it's assumed?
No. Mostly because the idea you propose is foolish.

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
The way I look at it is this...a slimeball is a slimeball regardless of his political, religious, or other affiliation.

It is refreshing to see someone at this level be treated like I would be treated if I did the same thing.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it's customary to denote the party affiliation of a senator or member of congress-as in Sen Edward Kennedy, R- Mass., I don't think it's normal usage to designate mayors or governors.

But, hey-what do I know? :rolleyes:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it isn't as if he were the Vice President of the National Conference of Democratic Mayors or anything.
Oh, wait. He is...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it isn't as if he were the Vice President of the National Conference of Democratic Mayors or anything.
Oh, wait. He is...

Well, no-while some might designate his party affiliation in print for whatever reason, it's sort of like saying George W. Bush, President (R) or Arnold Shwarzenegger, Governor (R)-since they're the only one, it's......overly redundant :lol:

Latest Discussions