boxing...

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you mean a typical class? Probably anything from 45 minutes to two hours… how long to get good/effective? Depends on the person and training methodology/regime, but anywhere from 6 months to a few years…

Thing is, this isn't a race… "how long" doesn't really enter into it… especially when you're only 13 yourself.

D

Deleted member 34973

It varies, when I did Kickboxing in my 20's..it was a three hour training session each day. Competition wise, I had my first match within 3 months or so. If you are into full contact, I would suggest trying it out. I had a very enjoyable experience just competing in just three amateur fights.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of factors your own motivation you've got to train yourself outside the gym as well (shadow boxing, running, push ups etc) depends on how much you train and how good your coach is

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of factors your own motivation you've got to train yourself outside the gym as well (shadow boxing, running, push ups etc) depends on how much you train and how good your coach is

also in the OP's case how much homework he has.

OP
senseiblackbelt

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you mean a typical class? Probably anything from 45 minutes to two hours… how long to get good/effective? Depends on the person and training methodology/regime, but anywhere from 6 months to a few years…

Thing is, this isn't a race… "how long" doesn't really enter into it… especially when you're only 13 yourself.

just asking because im curious^

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy who did real pro boxing, hands-only stuff, would train for about 4 hours, combinging bag work, typical cardio, partner combination and movement drills, etc.

I did Muay Thai, and our training sessions were shorter, but more intense, about an hour and 15 minutes of 3 minute rounds full-tilt boogie, then 30 seconds of rest, for the entire 75-minute time slot. Got in shape in a hurry!

Time to get good at depends on way too many things to figure out an answer for you... I guess it primarily depends on your definition of "good," if that's what you're actually asking.

Latest Discussions