Boxing Reflex Ball

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looking forward to your review. Let us know how it is to work. After a while, of course. :)

Did you get it on Amazon?

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At first I thought he was using the force. That's pretty awesome, I have to get one.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The only concern is you may develop a bad habit that you only punch with your arms without using your body. Any training that you only see arms move but don't see body move is not good.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
The only concern is you may develop a bad habit that you only punch with your arms without using your body. Any training that you only see arms move but don't see body move is not good.

That's a good point. When using it, you're only using your arm. It's definitely great for timing and reflexes though.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get one with a cap. I like caps. Should be fun.

At the very least to see the look on my wife's face.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That’s a good point if your training revolves around hitting that ball. As a supplementary tool like a warmup, cool down, or as a purely focus drill, I think it’s a great idea; it’s the first time I’ve seen it though.

If someone were to think that’s all they need to do, then it’s a problem. And that’s no different that any other training tool - heavy bag, mitts, wooden dummy, etc.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's more similar to a speed bag, you're not going to hit someone like you do a speed bag. It's to train reflexes and timing more than anything. Or as some guys in my gym use it for, hit it as hard, loud and fast as possible without form nor rhythm.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's more similar to a speed bag, you're not going to hit someone like you do a speed bag. It's to train reflexes and timing more than anything. Or as some guys in my gym use it for, hit it as hard, loud and fast as possible without form nor rhythm.

It could help temper that behaviour - a speed bag isn't attached to your forehead with elastic so it's not going to smack you in the face in retaliation to a hard hit ;)

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm finding it great for timing and reflexes. I'm even trying to use the chain punch on it! LOL

Latest Discussions