Bob White Invitational Update – Lots of news, Please read!

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are only 7 weeks away from the Bob White Invitational (March 13, 2010) and we have plenty of news to report.

Raffle tickets to attend the European Kenpo Camp in Ireland (http://www.kenpokarate.ie/cgi-bin/events_show.pl?Page=2010_European_Kenpo_Camp) are still available. If you are interested in purchasing tickets, contact [email protected]. You do not need to be present at the drawing (held at the Bob White Invitational) to win. The winning ticket will receive round trip airfare as well as meals an accommodations as well as their camp fees. Don’t miss a chance to win this amazing opportunity!

As part of the tournament weekend, we will host a welcome banquet on Friday March 12, 2010. From 7p.m. to 11p.m., this dinner will offer people a chance to meet some of the true Legends of Kenpo and break bread with them. This year’s banquet will be held at the prestigious Sea Cliff Country Club in Huntington Beach (http://www.seacliffcc.net). We will be selling a limited number of tickets for $25.00 per person to attend and we anticipate they will go quickly. All net proceeds from the banquet, as well as the tournament, will be donated to the Royal Family Kids Camp (http://www.rfkc.org). If you want to reserve your spot please email [email protected].

For those of you who want to avoid a lot of driving back and forth, we have a block of rooms reserved at the local Courtyard Marriott (3002 South Harbor Boulevard Santa Ana, California 92704) Phone: 1-714-545-1001. Call them direct and make your reservation today. Mention the Bob White Invitational to get a group rate.

On Saturday February 20, Bob White's Karate Studio will host a seminar featuring Bob White and Ron Sanchez. The seminar is from 10AM - Noon PST and there is NO CHARGE to attend. Instead of an entry fee, we will have donation boxes and all donations will go to the Royal Family Kids Camp (http://www.rfkc.org).

We will also hold a rules meeting for the Bob White Invitational that same day. The rules meeting will be from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PST at BWKS. If you are interested in being an official at the BWI we urge you to attend.

The Kenpo Community has really come together to support the BWI and help the Royal Family Kids Camp. Here are a few quotes from Kenpo Seniors that explain their willingness to help.

"I wanted to thank the BWI team for your kind invitation to The Bob White Invitational. The wonderful work you guys do for the Royal Family Kids' Camp through the Bob White Invitational makes me proud to be part of the Kenpo community. It’s an honor just to be invited and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at this year's event."

Willy Steele
First Generation Ed Parker Black Belt

"I wanted to express my gratitude and admiration to all of the people whose hard work and dedication through the Bob White Invitational Youth Karate Tournament helps at risk children enjoy a positive and perhaps life changing experience. I have been an Investigator for Child Protective Services for almost 20 years and have experienced first hand the trauma and neglect that has happened to many of these children. The Royal Family Kid's Camp offers a life experience that can affect these children in a positive way for the rest of their lives. Keep up the positive work; you make me proud to be a friend as well as member of the martial arts community."

Dan Laxson
First Generation Ed Parker Black Belt

“I write to enthusiastically support Bob White and in particular the Bob White Invitational and its goal of raising money for the Royal Family Kid's Camp. I have known Bob for many years, he is not only one of the finest martial artists I have ever known he is also an outstanding person. On behalf of Dick Willett's family of Black Belts, I want to say it will be an honor to be at next year's event to help in anyway possible.”

David Hays
7th Degree Black Belt
Senior member of Dick Willett's AKKA

“At what point in our martial arts journey do we step forward and do something to make our community a better place? Maybe the time is now and maybe helping a bunch of kids go to camp is good place to start. Last year I donated a little time and a small amount of money at Bob's tournament. All the proceeds of which were donated to the Royal Family Kids' Camp. It wasn't much, but it did help some little boy, or girl, go to camp. I encourage everyone in our martial arts family to step forward and do whatever they can to support Bob's tournament. A year from now we'll likely forget how much we gave, but the kids that get to go to camp as a result of our giving will remember it for the rest of their lives.”

Rich Hale
Senior Instructor
Pacific Kenpo Karate

If you have any questions please email me ([email protected])or contact BWKS.

For the kids,
Vishal Shukla
Tournament Director

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would encourage people that are interested in attending the Friday night dinner to send in their ticket money. I am pleasantly surprised at how fast they are being sold. We truly appreciate the support we are getting for this event and our team is coordinating seating. We are trying to have at least 2 Senior Black Belts at each table so it gives everyone an opportunity to get to know these leaders. It will also be a good chance to have your Journey books signed.
We will have Raffle Tickets available at the dinner. The drawing will be held the next day at the tournament. Personally, I am looking forward to finding out who will win this fantastic prize. The camp in Ireland is so well run with such a great atmosphere that someone will have a trip they will not forget.
This is the 20th year since SGM Ed Parker’s death, and there will be many tributes to him throughout the year. I would think that having his community getting together to help children would please him very much. I hope you chose to be a part of this event.
Respectfully,
Bob White